Headlight wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok got a question for the wise
Occasionally I will see a car driving with one 1 headlight on. Now to me it seems really bright.
Now could this just be an optical illusion seeing we are expecting to see a pair of lights so a single might appear brighter .
OR
Would there be any advantage to using a wiring harness like the boys do when installing high power globes and as such increasing the current carrying capacity of all the cables
Factory wiring will be the bare minimum to get the job done so in theory should be capable of the task

Thoughts ?????????????????????????

I don't think there'll be a lot of difference. The cables aren't all that long, really, so there won't be a large amount of voltage drop. I think you'd detect the difference with a light meter, but I doubt there'd be much difference visually.

As for the vehicle with one headlight, I'm betting it's more illusion - because there's so much dark around that single light, and nothing to compare it with.

I am not an expert, but I am with Tony, I think the difference you see is an illusion and I dont think heavier cable will make any difference to the light output.

However if you upgraded the wiring and put higher wattage bulbs in.. THAT would get you more light (however also more heat, I have in the past heard concerns of issues with the plastic lens)

Latest posts

Back