Gme uhf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty_dee

Reaction score
Hey guys got a GME UHF in my Navara. Problem is I can hear on it but when I try and speak nobody can hear me. Any ideas? Thinking there must be a problem with the microphone? Are you able to unplug these and fit new ones? Thanks
Scotty

What model GME.

With most of them you should be able to unplug the mic and just pick up a new mic from somewhere whether it's new or second hand but without the model it's a bit hard to say which one suits.

Try searching (Google) the specific model number and you'll probably find an owners manual and that may even have a replacement mic part number in it. GME are pretty good with spares it's just a matter of finding a local rep of which there must be heaps.

I know nothing about GME but I know with my hand held Chineesy CB I could hear people but they could not hear me. Somehow I had managed to change the transmit frequency & couldn't fix it till I came back home from holidays to find the instructions.

What Channel?

If it is on all channels try a new Mike. If you are trying on Channels 1 to 8. you may need to enable duplex.

If you have been trying 1-8, try channel 40.

I have only had experience with Uniden, but I know some models can be set to like a security channel as in 16.1 or 16.2, this can often cause the problem you are having. I would do as others have suggested and try other channels 1st and if you still have the issue then grab a new mic.

Is it transmitting a signal with no sound or just not transmitting? (does the squelch on other UHF's cut out when you press the button). This will help figure out where the problem is.

Latest posts

Back