Gday All New D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan88

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Purchased D22 2010, Previously had a 2003 Holden Rodeo. After searching around for a new dual cab, bang for buck the D22 was the best. Iv had it for 6 months now, done a few mods to it aswell. Still looking at putting a few extras on it.
Current Mods are- ARB canopy, Rhino roof racks, 125L long ranger, Stock ally bullbar, Ute liner, Standard dual batteries, had to get cruise control, Chipped by Chip It.
Mods by end of year- IPF spotties, 2 inch lift EFS or toughdog still undecided, 265 75 16 Maxxis Bighorns, 3 inch stainless steel exhaust.
Absolutly stolked with the 4x4, great work ute and great offroad. So far iv taken it up to Lancelin before i got it chipped, took it to Mundaring powerlines yesterday for the 3rd time to test the Chip. Chip is a huge improvement with torque and power and hopefully with the 3 inch exhaust ill put the boost up aswell. If i could get some advice on lift kits that would be great. Went to 4x4 and more and the guy was talking about something breaking with the EFS lift kits for the D22s. Said that its a factory problem and your up for about $90 a time this component breaks. Any advice would be appreciated. Great forums and Hi to yas all.

G'day mate and welcome to the forum.I have found Dobinson suspension to be awesome and a few others on here will agree.I can help you with sliders if you want them down the track.Cheers Scotty.

Welcome Dan.

Sounds like you got a neat ute. I have the efs kit from Zordo on this site. I don't know this part that keeps breaking that that guy us talking about. Heard of nothing breaking on d22 suspension wise. I haven't had a problem and had efs kit in for 1year now and can't complain. Took it to ripley yesterday and it worked a dream.

Cheers
Rusty

Yeah sweet mate, sounds like a good kit. Was looking at OME but they lift the back and all they do with the front is wind the torsion bars up which personally i dont want to do. Got quoted $1900 for EFS 2 inch lift supply and install.

Hey Dan,
How do the other ones lift the front differently to OME? I thought they all require torsion bar wind up?
Hope ur enjoying the new Nav mate!

Hey Dan,
How do the other ones lift the front differently to OME? I thought they all require torsion bar wind up?
Hope ur enjoying the new Nav mate!

Hi Marcus, Others sell you a heavier torsion bar then you wind them up. Nissan torsion bars need too keep winding up as time goes by. Heavier bars needed for steel b/bar dual battery and winch

How are ya Dave! Yeah nah yeah I get all that but if you get HD torsion bars are you saying you don't have to wind them up coz they don't sag! I thought they still got wound up. Man I must be confusing the shit out of Dan, but I thought he wad under the impression that other kits to OME don't require winding up to lift the front but I'm pretty sure they do... especially if with an alloy bar like me he keeps standard torsion bars.

OME dont do torsion bars all they do is wind up the stocks which is what i dont want to do. so ill get a complete new kit, heavy duty bars for the front.

Dan, maybe someone can shed more light here coz I know a whole lot of f*#k all about this, but if your running an alloy bar and no winch I'm pretty sure blokes might tell you it's not necessary and may make the ride harsh? Maybe something for consideration anyway.
I still would have thought with HD torsion bars you've still got to wind them up to get lift... tweak'e, Dion, bobcat, Krankin, dave, Krafty (I'm desperate here!!) haha can someone sort out this mess I've created for Dan...

OME = SHIT. Talk to Aido or search for his posts.

You probably dont need the Torsion bars, but the more stuff you add. The more important they will become.

I have Tough Dog torsion bars in my D22. Why Tough Dog over other brands. Cause they were cheap.

There is only like 3 plants in the world that manufacture torsion bars. So most of the one's here come out of the same factory anyway.

For the setup you have, your probably better off with medium EFS or Lovell leaf springs in the back.

Talk to Zordo, he will point you in the right direction.

Cheers dave, always carry work tools in the back so prob go for around a 250kg rating for the back, did you wind up your torsion bars? or if you go heavy duty you dont have to?

Latest posts

Back