Fuel economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lungtom

Reaction score
Morning all are we having fun yet? Just a querry on fuel consumption ,i have done an egr and ecu reset but still get just atad over 5 kms per litre,i have a d40 most tell me they get 8/9 l/kmdoes nayone have any suggestuions on improving my economy

thats crap consumption figures..

better post up a lot more info than that tho, to get some sort of civilised answer

Raise the right foot, but as that often offends and has people replying that they are excellent drivers and don't drive in a way that effects fuel economy I'll go with Krankin...lets have some more information.

I think you meant 5 LPHK (litres per hundred km), and that's absolutely extraordinary and it's cars like the hybrids and the ultra-light (Smart Fortwo etc) cars that can achieve that. The only way any model Navara could achieve that low a figure is if you drove it for half the distance and flat-towed it for the rest.

8-9 LPHK is more like a D22, the D40 is a little thirstier because it's a little heavier and it's geared differently - the D22 cruises at 2,800rpm and the D40 cruises at 2,000rpm (give or take 100 or so rpm).

The best thing is to go fill the tank (to the first click of the bowser), reset your trip meter (hold the right-hand button in for a couple of seconds until it shows zeroes) then go about your business. When you refill your tank (preferably at the same bowser if possible), get the receipt and write down your trip meter value, then reset your trip meter again.

Post the figures, we'll work out the rest. Essentially the formula is:

LITRES USED divided by KM TRAVELLED/100

So, if you travelled 482.5 km and used 52 litres:

52 / 4.825 = 10.77 LPHK

Hope that's clear.

Old tony, i think he meant 5km per litre, works out at roughly 20litres per hundred. I reckon he just got the Litres and KM wrong way around when saying the 8's and 9's of other people.

100/5 = 20

5km per L = 100km per 20L or 20LPHK

If that is correct then i can understand why you think it is thirsty, and that is because it bloody is!! Never heard of it being that bad unless full load in tray + Towing.

What weight is in tub normally? What stuff you got on the vehicle as in bullbar - alloy or steel, winch, bigger tyres etc etc.

Mitch

Petrol or diesel ?

My ZD30 has used 14L per 100km's at max. Thats towing 3T.

General driving where I rev her out and blow out the cob webs, she gets 9-10L per 100km's.

Sounds like your injectors are rooted. Thats the most common reason for high fuel use in the commonrails.

Latest posts

Back