FatBoy's Random chat thread and his D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. My intercooler is waiting for me at the depot for pick-up tomorrow morning. Will be a few weeks before I can get to installing it, but then it's winding the boost up to 20 psi and bumping up the chip up a few notches.

Booyah!

Haha you're a bad influence on me! I might lift the chip a bit. But I want to get a boost tap first to lift the boost a tad. I also need a boost gauge and egt gauge :)

Haha you're a bad influence on me! I might lift the chip a bit. But I want to get a boost tap first to lift the boost a tad. I also need a boost gauge and egt gauge :)

Haha, yeah. I'm terrible. I got my EGT gauge with the ChipIT chip. And the boost gauge I got from an autobarn. They're heaps easy to wire/plumb up.

Umm looking forward to getting some time to fiddle with the intercooler.

My long list of mods is slowly coming to an end. Now I'll need to buy another truck and do it all again. :) or just go on some long outback trips... (most expensive hobby ever,lol)

Also, I'm almost convinced to get some 285/75's when I need new rubber soon.

Haha, yeah. I'm terrible. I got my EGT gauge with the ChipIT chip. And the boost gauge I got from an autobarn. They're heaps easy to wire/plumb up.

Umm looking forward to getting some time to fiddle with the intercooler.

My long list of mods is slowly coming to an end. Now I'll need to buy another truck and do it all again. :) or just go on some long outback trips... (most expensive hobby ever,lol)

I think if I were to meet you it could be the end of my relationship. The mrs wouldn't hang around long if I was always doing something new to the Nav to go out with you! Haha.
I do need Uca's though..

I think if I were to meet you it could be the end of my relationship. The mrs wouldn't hang around long if I was always doing something new to the Nav to go out with you! Haha.
I do need Uca's though..

Yeah, you may as well get the HD drag link and HD tie rods while you're at it. Heck, why not throw in some extended shackles and braided brake line while you're at it.

Speaking of which, I've got to chase up some braided brake lines I was having made at a local shop...and order a new drag-link and tie-rods...

My navara - the endless money pit.

I haven't seen any heavy duty drug links anywhere?
I need a idler arm brace and jd tie rods that's for sure. With these 33's I love them!

Wow in swear I've been on there 100 Times and never seen these! Good find! The steering arms are great! No picture of the drag link but still worth ordering eventually! Hopefully I wear my dry link out a bit at fraser haha. And my tie rods ends. Then the mrs can't say a word.
I wonder what availability is like?
Ill get my ucas from pureNissan on the is though.

If any of you guys buy the snake draglink post some pics. I asked them what was heavy duty about them and ask for pictures. The said they just look like the factory one. Didn't give me much confidence for the extra $. Would like to see their product though.

Il be buying that entire setup from pureNissan as they now do right hand drive models! Yiew!

And by the looks of Dom's Nav those shocks allow Alot more flex in the rear. Mine wouldn't extend near his with the bilsteins.

Last edited:
hold that, it looks like it comes with a new drag link, which looks to be adjustable in length, a new (heavier duty) idler arm (and strengthened mount) and pitman arm and longer tie rods to accomodate the changes in drag link configuration.

i'd still be looking for the tie-rod ends so i can give the whole thing a birthday.

hold that, it looks like it comes with a new drag link, which looks to be adjustable in length, a new (heavier duty) idler arm (and strengthened mount) and pitman arm and longer tie rods to accomodate the changes in drag link configuration.

i'd still be looking for the tie-rod ends so i can give the whole thing a birthday.

Mate they also sell tie rod ends! That's a tops price I reckon for a full replacement heavy duty steering setup!

Mate they also sell tie rod ends! That's a tops price I reckon for a full replacement heavy duty steering setup!

I looked at the tie rod end they sell and they look (and read) like they are replacements for the rod ends on their drag link. It might be worth asking that question. Otherwise, snake racing sell them.

I've sent purenissan an email asking for a postage price to Australia of their steering kit.

In other news, i picked up my intercooler this morning, I can't wait to unbox it after work tonight!

Make sure you post me some pics!
Yeah I think those tie rod ends will be fine with those!

Latest posts

Back