engine tick when cruising goes away under acceleration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40 rx

Reaction score
Gday,I have recently bought a secondhand 2009 d40 rx manual 50000km. When siiting on 50-60-80 100km the motor makes a tick/rattle noise but goes away when i accelerate. As soon as i cruise on any of these speeds the noise comes back. Have changed fuel filter/ oil filter reset ecu, using BP fuel. Is this normal

Cant say mine makes a rattle noise, It could be the timing chain on its way out.
Probably best to get it checked out by someone that knows what there looking at.

Also check the side of the air filter box. Mine came apart and under certain throttle conditions it made a sound like the injectors were going to blow out the side of the motor.

mine does something similar it sounds like it is coming from behind the drivers side dash not sure what it is but like u said goes away with a little acceleration

Longy, check the hydraulic lines that run down the firewall. Put a piece of packing foam in behind them and if that shuts the thing up, Nissan should fix under warranty.

Gday Tony, have checked air filter box nothing unusual, See it is rubber mounted, how much play should it have? Checked the 2 bolts? , tight. It sounds like the tapping noise is coming from the top of the motor.

My 2010 Thai D40 ticked from around 40'000km and always puzzled me, i thought it was an injector sound then i thought it may be the timing chain meanwhile getting the nissan "FIX" done on the clutch lines that run on the fire wall.
At 90'000km while trying to sort out another problem Nissan changed the timing chain and the noise was gone. (the other problem was not)

Latest posts

Back