does your insurance cover you "off road"?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
just wondering who's insurance covers them if they are off the beaten track, come to think of it i have no idea if mine does lol

There was a thread a while ago that posed this same question buggered if I know what it was titled but there was quite a few people who either were covered or were paying extra for coverage.

Im with GIO and am covered basically as long as the road appears on a map. I am also covered when I have the truck on the racetrack as long as I am signed on as an official at that meeting .Also covered for my suspension and all other bits from the US

I spoke with Allianz about this not too long ago.

I have a "dealer" policy (purchased through a car dealership, I have a contact and get good rates) and when I posed the question to the lady at Allianz.. "As long as you are legally allowed to drive your car in that place.. you are covered"

Aussie... what does that mean? I have several different maps, with different roads showing in different maps, do they standardise on WHICH map?

As in a "Published" map. I take that as any map I am able to purchase that shows the roads
Driving on private land can get very tricky Im told as not all roads on private land are actually a "mapped" road

Am I covered driving around my farm? Are you covered driving around my farm?
Are you covered driving up your driveway? Am I covered driving up your driveway? Public land, private land, public roads, private roads?

Not wanting answers, they are just questions.

i was with allianz
they were vauge on there awnsers regarding off road use
and said no straight up to bad fuel damage
i changed to nrma last mth
agreed value,no need to list accesories
covered for all off road use as long as
car registered and roadworthy , sober , operating vehicle in a safe/legal manner and NOT involved in any "motorsport activity when incident occured"
will you cover me if i do a river crossing and ingest water ? yes in most cases
will you cover me if i have engine damage due to bad fuel ?? yes
both are classed as accidents/incidents beyond your reasonable control

Aussie Frontier said:
Im with GIO and am covered basically as long as the road appears on a map. I am also covered when I have the truck on the racetrack as long as I am signed on as an official at that meeting .Also covered for my suspension and all other bits from the US

I just spoke with GIO today about my policy. They said as long as I wasn't in a race or rally I was covered, didn't have to be a gazetted road, could be a 4wd designated area, seems odd that they are giving conflicting advice.

Aussie, I think I just pm'd you instead of writing a post? I'm with GIO as well, was trying to quote your original message. I just spoke with them today and they said covered as long as not racing or in a rally fundraiser event, I asked them to clarify and they said I would be covered in 4wd designated areas. Has anyone else heard different to what both Aussie and I have been told?

I'm with DGA insurance brokers out of Vic (through allianz) I'm covered ANYWHERE in Australia on and off road with unlimited modifications. I'm 21 and it's roughly 900 a year....

I spoke with Allianz about this not too long ago.

I have a "dealer" policy (purchased through a car dealership, I have a contact and get good rates) and when I posed the question to the lady at Allianz.. "As long as you are legally allowed to drive your car in that place.. you are covered"

Aussie... what does that mean? I have several different maps, with different roads showing in different maps, do they standardise on WHICH map?

thats good to know as i am with allianz aswell

Aussie, I think I just pm'd you instead of writing a post? I'm with GIO as well, was trying to quote your original message. I just spoke with them today and they said covered as long as not racing or in a rally fundraiser event, I asked them to clarify and they said I would be covered in 4wd designated areas. Has anyone else heard different to what both Aussie and I have been told?

Hey Ill be honest mine is a 4x2 and I was just happy they would cover me at the racetrack so the offroad deal was just a bonus.
It sounded ok at the time as it was the same as we were told when hiring 4wd for work. Covered on"Mapped" roads only
They did however hit me up harder with my excess now that I have modded suspension .
All other mods were fine but modded suspension made my truck into the "Modified" class

Last edited:
thats good to know as i am with allianz aswell

You might just want to double check with them Scooba, I know there are several differences between a dealer policy and an average allianz policy.

In saying that it is usually the dealer policy that is missing things

Latest posts

Back