disabling airbags

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big zetor

Reaction score
Hi there just wondering if anyone knows how to disable the airbag system for offroad purposes only. cheers

i think airbags are tied in with something else.
airbags should not be to much of a problem. my only concern would be them going off because your spinning wheels which makes the ecu think its going fast enough to allow airbags.
when your in 4x4 mode it takes a much greater force to set off the airbags.

i can't remember if you need to be wearing seatbelts for airbag system to work.

the bigger problem is often the ABS.

They deploy at around 20ks, so surely your not going to freespin your wheels up to that speed in 4wd, your risking breaking cv's when your wheels do grab traction.
I do see the thinking behind wanting to do this and I could be interested in finding out information on if you can do it easily. The worst thing would be airbags deploying as you're wheeling.

the reason why i ask this is because i have an autistic daughter and she is a bit of a handfull when driving around the farm so it would be easyer for me to have in the passenger seat. cheers

I've just been having a look online, couldn't find any navara specifics. But the majority of info was saying there is a fuse and then a air bag circuit which is in your steering column. But you might get away with just a fuse mate.

Latest posts

Back