D40 Rear Parking Sensors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to get rear park assist for the truck.
Has anyone actually got the genuine park Assist fitted. If so is it any good.
Does it have anything visible in the cab or is it just the beeper buried somewhere under the dash?

Dunno about the genuine ones but my old man had a ebay one in his crewman and the farm Lux got it installed by the dealer. Both are/were the beeping type with a visual LED alert which sit on the back of the rear seat (parcel shelf in cars) so you can see them in the mirror you are supposedly looking through when reversing and varies in colour depending on distance. These ones don't like trailers and they don't like some driveways/verges where the reversing car drops a few inches, but you soon get used to it or you can make an override switch.

In most utes I think such alerts are crap because reversing with the interior mirror is not usually the best option, they do work and replacement sensors for the ebay ones are cheap but nothing beat learning to reverse without such aides.

Totally agree but at times I find there is just that small blind spot directly behind the truck. Small as in the width of the truck lol.
Just thought if the genuine unit was a decent product then I might give it a try .I figure if it saves me once then its worth the money

Like I say I can't vouch for genuine but my old man thought the same thing about saving him once after he backed into a pole in the crewman which has a shit of a blindspot. Was all good in theory until he hit a pole again reversing out of a tight driveway 12 months after installing the senors.

The sensors might tell you there is something there but they don't show you what it is and if you are backing out a driveway and the rear of the ute gets to the kerb on the other side there is every possibility that because of the rise and the sensors pick up range that the sensors can see the kerb and warn you of something. Wont take long before you come complacent enough (i.e. sick of listening to the beeps) in such a situation and your mirrors reveal nothing so you just continue and hit that low pole that you didn't know was there.

As much as I don't like using my camera I'd say get a camera, they may not give audible alerts but they show a constant image and you can make your own mind up what you want to hit. Even those cheap ebay camera kits are better than just having sensors as far as I am concerned.

+1 on the camera. Nothing compares to making the decision yourself, and your children might won't thank you for flattening them if the parking sensor misses their small size.

I got rear park sensors fitted when I got mine new. Mine have a small LCD screen above the rear view mirror to tell how far you have 0-2m. Dont trust it in the cold. Can goto 0m when it below about 5'C when nothing behind you. Have taken back to Nisan about 3 times. The accessory fitter sanded the rubber grommets. Said they contract in the cold and trick the sensors. Still not 100% happy in the cold.

Latest posts

Back