D40 front suspension issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickvaraD40

Reaction score
Hi I've recently bought a 2010 D40 ST. After a bit of light 4X4ing on the weekend I've noticed a bit of a squeak coming from the front suspension when driving over bumps even on the sealed road. I didn't go too hard so I'm not sure what I've broken. Is this a common fault? Thought I'd run it by the forum before taking it to a mechanic. Any thoughts? All advice would be greatly appreciated. -Nick

Welcome to the forum.

Check the rubber bushes at the base of the shocks. They're made of a mix of cow manure, shredded (used) toilet paper and over-filled Huggies.

Seriously, they are crap. Mine went - and I was told I can't put anything on them to quiet them down, because WD40 or Silicone Lube will destroy them. Funny, they were already gone ... so I sprayed 'em anyway. Shuts them up between puddles.

My OME Nitrocharger Sports have replaceable bushes so I'll never have that problem again.

Also at the top of the shock there is a washer and nut. This washer sits in a whole in the shock mount at the top. On mine this was rubbing. A spray of WD40 or silicone stopped it but would come back. At Zordos advice I replaced the washer with a smaller diameter washer and solved the problem completely.

Check the sway bar bushes, particularly the saddle clamp ones that bolt to the chassis give them a good squirt of silicone spray it will shut them up.

Latest posts

Back