d40 front crank seal keyway gone :/

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale.D40

Reaction score
hey guys,
im in th process of doing my front crank seal on my 07 d40 2.5l TD

after removing everything and replacing th seal,
i went to put th crank pulley back on,
but i cant find my keyway,
is it possible for it to fall into the sump :s

cheers
Dale

I'd be looking high and low around your work area first, and then getting a price on a replacement from Nizzbits, and then trying to flush it out of the sump with oil, maybe buy one of those magnetic sump plugs. The oil pickup in the sump has a mesh on it, so the oil pump won't have to eat the key.

Taking the sump off would be a pain. Taking the motor out is sadomasochism.

I'd be looking high and low around your work area first, and then getting a price on a replacement from Nizzbits, and then trying to flush it out of the sump with oil, maybe buy one of those magnetic sump plugs. The oil pickup in the sump has a mesh on it, so the oil pump won't have to eat the key.

Taking the sump off would be a pain. Taking the motor out is sadomasochism.

i been lookin for hous idk where it is,
and idk how it could have fallen out have yu seen th crank/keyway on a d40?

its just my luck but

and idk how it could have fallen out have yu seen th crank/keyway on a d40?

Can't say I have. I think there's some sort of special exception in physics which allows small components (usually bolts) to find their way into the most inaccessble part of the engine bay without having to pay attention to the usual rules like gravity, friction, etc.

Can't say I have. I think there's some sort of special exception in physics which allows small components (usually bolts) to find their way into the most inaccessble part of the engine bay without having to pay attention to the usual rules like gravity, friction, etc.

haha too true

sorry mate just seen this again.
i ended up magnatising a metal pick and finding it in my timing cover,
the keyway was fairly worn
im guessing thats why it fell out

Latest posts

Back