D40 bash plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still working on designing my own with assistance from a local metal shop. Going for a 2mm version Only.
Not interested in a 3mm version. Extra weight i do not need to cart about, after discussing with a mate my foreseeable uses for the D40.

Some better pics
IPHONE007.jpg

IPHONE008.jpg

Why would you want air vents in a bash plate. Painting them is better because when you scratch them the paint doesn't peel off and you can touch them up.
We will have recovery points done very soon similar to the outback ones.

I'm guessing that there would be no other reason manufactures combine heat dissipate fins to diff's and the gearbox housings. Also allows easier access with the hose when cleaning mud and sand out. Maybe wire mesh to stop stones coming through?

gunning1987 said:
I'm guessing that there would be no other reason manufactures combine heat dissipate fins to diff's and the gearbox housings. Also allows easier access with the hose when cleaning mud and sand out. Maybe wire mesh to stop stones coming through?

Some models-vehicles need the air vent, some don't, look at the brown davis plates, not all of them have them, it depend on the vehicle. Their not there for looks

Latest posts

Back