D40 2011 st. A/c thermo fan fuse/relay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TONY'S D40 st

Reaction score
I have a Navara D40 2011 ST, and I'm trying to locate where the FUSE/RELAY is for the A/C THERMO fan as I'm trying to put a thermo fan in but it's not turning on when the aircon is on so I'm thinking maybe there is no fuse or relay installed from factory for the A/C fans on the ST's but only put in on the ST-X. Does anyone have any knowledge on what I'm trying to do and where the A/C THERMO fan fuse or relay is located??

I have an idea of what you're doing, and it is supposed to come on with the aircon switch according to the manual (which covers the thermal fan driven by an electric motor on p351/1340 of EC.pdf).

I can't see for the life of me where in the car the relays are, but there are TWO of them connected to the battery via a 40A fuse. I just can't spot the relays themselves.

Hopefully someone else will know where these are!

Thanks old tony, hopefully there's someone else out there thats done this before and knows where it is or how to get the A/C thermo fan going on the ST. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

I've found it.

Over near the brake fluid reservoir you'll find a couple of rectangular boxes. The first one just behind the battery has the transfer relays etc. Further towards the rear of the vehicle, should be the IPDM E/R and inside this you'll find two relays that control the cooling fan.

Along one of the long sides you'll find a long line of fuses - 10, 15 and 20A. Immediately towards the middle is a row of 5 relays. If you imagine the fuses running along the top of the box, with the 5 relays below it, numbered 1 to 5 from left to right, the cooling fan relays are 3 and 4. Relay 1 is the starter relay, and relay 2 may be missing. Relay 5 is the ignition relay.

Latest posts

Back