D40 2011 Manual eng oil part no.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TONY'S D40 st

Reaction score
I have a Nissan Navara D40 Manual 9/2011 build. I just done over 1000klms and I am going to change the engine oil myself and I ordered the oil genuine from Nissan but I'm unsure if the oil I got from them is the right stuff. The grade they gave me is 10w 40w. Ive heard from someone that its supposed to be 7.5w 40w. Does anyone know if this is correct or does anyone know the genuine part number for the correct oil for my D40??

10w-40 semi synthetic is correct. If it's auto and has DPF. (not all autos do have DPF) it will need a 5w-30 fully synthetic low ash.

10W40 is fine for summer and winter if you're not going into the alps. It MUST be a low-ash formula if you have a DPF.

You CAN use the low-ash formula in vehicles that don't have a DPF, but generally we don't do that because the low-ash oil costs so much.

You could fit a good catch can (modified) which should remove most of the engine oil from the blow-by - this would almost remove the need for low-ash formula in DPF-equipped vehicles.

You need to modify the catch can to make it more efficient. Mounting it inside the engine bay reduces its effectiveness - mount it in front of the radiator.

About to do the same thing myself TonyD40St. If you don't mind me asking how much did they touch you up for the genuine oil?

Thanks FatBoy89 and Old.Tony for the help. Old.Tony checked before and there is no DPF in mine thank god! Its a september 2011 build so luckily its the version 4 and they deleted them ;) I just changed the oil and I really can't believe how black it was with only just over 1000klms on the clock. It's even still a little on the dark side even after the new oil is in!! And Tappet the oil was actually reasonably priced even though its genuine stuff. It retails at $45 dollars for 5 litres in which I needed 2 bottles cause they take 6.9 litres if the filter is changed and 6.4 litres if it's not changed but I was able to get it at trade price which cost me $32.50 for 5 litres. Not too bad I thought and why not keep it genuine at that price!

Someone correct me If I'm wrong but you just go under your car and have a look at ur exhaust system. The DPF is usually located just after the cat convertor but before your front muffler so inbetween the two. My Navara is the series 4 which have the deleted DPF so luckily it uses the cheaper genuine eng oil. If you have the DPF then the eng oil it requires retails for $75dollars for 5 litres and you need 2 bottles

Slightly off topic, but how do you find out if your car has a DPF?

You could do that or check for the DPF light when your ignition is turned on before the engine is started.

It will look something like this.

dpf-warning-light.jpg

Nav one is reversed I think, but it's at the bottom of the display panel.

If you have the DPF then the eng oil it requires retails for $75dollars for 5 litres and you need 2 bottles

SCA sell 5 litres for $55 or under when it's on special. Still need 2 bottles but the second time you replace the oil you only need one.

Latest posts

Back