D22 with c/r ZD30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro Diesel

Reaction score
Hi, just joined this forum cos I just got a D22 that has a QD32 engine but its cactus, I have a common rail ZD30 in the shed with a complete loom, ECU, etc, that was removed from a GU Patrol that I did a 6L conversion on.... My question is, has anyone, or does anyone know of anyone that has dumped the c/r ZD into a D22 and made it work??

It's got a 2860 Garett and Chip It 'wild tune' fitted and actually went quite well in the GU but it was a comp truck build up so the owner said it had to go.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like it'll be an interesting conversion. If they can stick an LS1 into a D22 this shouldn't be a problem. Wiring looms, instrument panels ... only things I can think of that get in the way. I know my CR has a high fuel flow rate between engine bay and tank, don't know if you'll have problems keeping the fuel up to the pump without changing hose/piping and possibly pickup or even tank itself. The fuel filter might need to come from a CR engine as well for the same reason.

Have fun with it!

Thanks guys. I'll do some more investigating and see what comes of it.
I do think about going down the LS road but I really want to stick with a diesel so I need to see if this will work first. Also contemplated the super6 Ecotec but again, want to stick with diesel.

Sounds like a good project. The qd32 motor would need a fair amount of fuel flow so lines etc should be OK. Not sure on bellhousing fitting but you can only try. I would have thought the clutch should be the same as the zd30 di motor but that may be different between d22 and patrol anyway depending on the spline count on the transmission input shaft.

Let us know how you go anyway...

would be an interesting conversion, i'm surprised it hasn't been done already.
you would think it to be pretty straight forward, good luck and be sure to let us know how u get along.

Latest posts

Back