D22 face lifts - need some guidance here please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wixxer

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and to the D22, trying to source some second hand parts for my new 2012 model.
I fact, I'm looking for a canopy and a winch bar.
Now it seems that both of them made for ??? year won't fit my truck, but I cannot find any reliable source of "from-to" dates. Looks to me that D22's have had some minor cosmetic (or/and other) changes, so I'd like to know what will fit, and what the changes were. (wider flares, different tub, or whatever).
Buying second hand items is always connected with some risks (what you see is what you get, no warranty, no returns etc), so I'd like to keep the inconeniences at minimum. I had a guy selling a genuine Nissan bullbar (for $400), but he was luckily honest enough to let me know "it will look sh*t on my truck, as he bought it for his and now has to resell due to that fact. But the Nissan part number is the same as in the current Nissan accessories leaflet.
Thanks for any input and guidance.
Manuel

Last edited:
with the canopy, you will have to get one for 2009 on as they are 100mm longer than 2008 and earlier, all bullbars are the same

what he said ^ bullbars anything designed for airbags will fit.

as for the tubs If your VIN number starts as MNT or a 2012 D22 special fall apart edition starting with with JN1 VIN number then you will need the longer canopy, also you can easily tell just by looking at the tailgate, flat tailgate means long tub, curved tailgate is the short tub.

the fool probably just mounted it wrong, you can buy those new for about $1050 on ebay though.

he said it's in a good condition, (and I might colour code it anyway), so saving $650 would get me a fair bit forwards :)
I assume they are winch bars (if I get the mounting plate for them), and as far as I read here in the forum they are made by ARB and are decent quality?
I plan on mounting my winch on (taking it off the Challenger, as the girl is getting degraded down to a shopping trolly again).
Obviously some suspension upgrade will be needed, but that's a different story.

So, you reckon it's a fair deal, then?
Thank you

you can just wind your torsion bars up for the time being so it rides at stock height again.

oh, I know that, that's what I did to the Challenger (but ended up with upgrade soon after).

I'd like to know if you guys think that the genuine bar is a decent one, or are other options much better in quality, durability, strength, approach angles etc. (except for the looks, as that'd be subjective opinion, everyone has different taste)

I'll do a forum search again, but a qiuck answer is greatly appreciated :)

it might be easier to tell if he had a decent photo, lol. if is in in fact from a 4x2 it will be a bit narrower as they don't have flares on them but you can always have a look at it. as for the winch, it will mount straight in there, you don't need any cradles or anything.

as for approach angle, the best you are going to get airbag approved is an xrox bar, i have one of them, but as you said, looks are subjective. the factory option bars aren't bad, there are a lot worse looking ones out there.

Thanks bods, that with a 4x2 absolutely makes sense :)
I didn't have a closer look of the xrox bar on a navara, gotta check your photos :)

Thanks everyone again. Maybe I should bite the bullet and drive down to him, run the measuring stick over the bar. Will see.

the Nissan bar is pretty good as far as OEM bullbars go, better than the hilux one for instance.

But what is better on the aftermarket ones?

Depends which aftermarket ones. The arb and tjm ones have nothing, but mcc I think and ironman have fog lights in the bar too. There's probably other ones too but I can't think of them at the moment.

Latest posts

Back