D22 diesel leak ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMaori

Reaction score
Hey team relatively new to the 4x4 scene and since purchasing my 3rd Navara I’ve decided to try and learn more about DIY mechanics , about 8 months ago purchased a 2001 d22 with a qd32T in it (dude said it had a aftermarket manual fuel pump) no idea what that meant at the time as I’m a builder not a mechanic and it never really missed a beat since purchasing it however the other day after getting back from a 800km round trip the next day I was letting it idle to warm up as per usual while I made my cuppa and when I went to get in it there was a puddle of diesel under it (probably quarter of a cup after 5 minutes idling), followed the trail and it lead me to the following picture. When the truck is idling there is diesel spitting out of the tiny litttle hole in the centre of the circle. I have NO idea what I’m looking at and the few people I’ve showed this too have all said “you need a new pump” but to me it just looks like a hose or cap has come off it. Thoughts ? Comments?

Attachments

• IMG_1187.jpeg
    IMG_1187.jpeg
    542.6 KB
  • IMG_1220.jpeg
    IMG_1220.jpeg
    1.5 MB
  • IMG_1173.jpeg
    IMG_1173.jpeg
    223.7 KB
  • IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    562.3 KB
  • IMG_1174.jpeg
    IMG_1174.jpeg
    2 MB
Hello! Welcome to the forum :)

I've never owned a QD32, but in your 2nd picture there's what appears to be a loose black plastic connector directly below where your fuel is leaking? (bottom centre of the photo) It looks like it could fit straight onto where the fuel is leaking?

I had a look at new pumps on line & some do have a connector like that hooked up to the shiny metal thing that your fuel is leaking from.

Good luck with it!

Yeah that connector is just like a rubber protector that is covering a cable going to the solenoid I’ve double checked that too and that wasn’t it unfortunately cheers though !

i'm not to sure whats behind that cap where its leaking fuel. could simply be a vent because of the diaphragm. which means the real leak is internal on the boost comp shaft. i can't remember the seals VE pumps normally have.

considering the age, its probably long over due for seal replacement. pull the pump and get it reco'ed. be warned when reinstalling the pump you need to be able to time it. thats either guess work or get the proper tools/gauge to be able to do it.

Latest posts

Back