Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well its getting closer
i have set aside jobs to complete each month so we and the car are ready
i am currently estimating fuel costs and distances
i have worked out what i need to get from home to port douglass
what i need is an approx distance from port to tip and return
i estimated 1300 ks each way
does this sound right ??
are we there yet

G'day Sparra,

I will post up Travel cost projections soon!

However, from Newcastle to Port Douglas is around 2609ks one way! Port Douglas to Bamaga (Cape York) 964ks one way! Total distance from your place to Cape York! 3573ks x 2 gives you your return travel of 7,146ks add another 500ks for side track visits. Total possible distance travelled for your Cape York tour trip around 7,646ks

PS, You will be saying are we there yet! lol. Also i have knocked up my 1000 post, thanks Sparra!

Regards

Paul (RLI)

G'day Sparra,

I will post up Travel cost projections soon!

However, from Newcastle to Port Douglas is around 2609ks one way! Port Douglas to Bamaga (Cape York) 964ks one way! Total distance from your place to Cape York! 3573ks x 2 gives you your return travel of 7,146ks add another 500ks for side track visits. Total possible distance travelled for your Cape York tour trip around 7,646ks

PS, You will be saying are we there yet! lol. Also i have knocked up my 1000 post, thanks Sparra!

Regards

Paul (RLI)

hi paul
we will be travelling via the inland road 2360 ks (narrabri,st george,emerald ect)
stopping o/nite at st george,emerald and a days break in townsville to catch up with relo's
will be at port douglas lunchtime on the 3rd
cabin booked
2500 ks from port to tip and return sounds pretty right taking into consideration side tracks
i have estimated a total fuel cost of $1800 with a good safety buffer
we are budgeting a total of $5000 for the entire trip

Last edited:
hi paul
we will be travelling via the inland road 2360 ks (narrabri,st george,emerald ect)
stopping o/nite at st george,emerald and a days break in townsville to catch up with relo's
will be at port douglas lunchtime on the 3rd
cabin booked
2500 ks from port to tip and return sounds pretty right taking into consideration side tracks
i have estimated a total fuel cost of $1800 with a good safety buffer
we are budgeting a total of $5000 for the entire trip

G'evening Sparra,

That's exactly what my wife and I did on the last trip to Cape York, we had a budget for $5,000.00. We came home with $900.00.

Regards,

Paul
:rambo:

G'evening folks,

Just a reminder to the Navara Asia forum folks, please check out the Nissan Patrol.com.au forum website for further info checks! When you enter the website, look for the Forum Meet-ups thread, click on it and scroll down to the RLI's Cape York travelling Wilburys tour August 2013!

I will be also advising the Nissan Patrol folks to check out this thread, that way you can keep one another informed of your mods and trip planning!

All the best

Regards,

RLI

G'evening Sparra,

That's exactly what my wife and I did on the last trip to Cape York, we had a budget for $5,000.00. We came home with $900.00.

Regards,

Paul

thats an extra $900 for refreshments :cheers: :alcoholic:

Hi guys - I have PM'd you all a link to the current contact list of definites and possibles. If anyone has not received this please let me know and I'll send you the details. Also - for anyone on the list who has details missing could you please PM to me and I will update.

Jas

Hi guys - I have PM'd you all a link to the current contact list of definites and possibles. If anyone has not received this please let me know and I'll send you the details. Also - for anyone on the list who has details missing could you please PM to me and I will update.

Jas

G'day Lounge Lizards!

I would like to personally thank Jas for all of the hard yards he has put in on your behalf's to organise a contact list and also setting up you a website with e-mail comms.

Job well done Jas!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

G'day Lounge Lizards!

I would like to personally thank Jas for all of the hard yards he has put in on your behalf's to organise a contact list and also setting up you a website with e-mail comms.

Job well done Jas!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

Hi mate - thanks for that! But happy to help out. Can't wait for August!

Jas

Hi guys - for all those on the contact list could you please PM me your email address as well? I am setting up an email distribution list which all participants will receive email from forwarded to their personal email address. The email address will be [email protected].

Jas

Mate can you please give me dates so i can arrange my fly in fly out roster. I will be definitely in this trip it has been on my bucket list for quite some time

hey RLI, i just had a thought about the timing of the trip.

with two or three cars the trip would be easy, especially if you've got to spend a few hours winching out of bog holes and river exits, etc.

However with 12 or more (confirmed) vehicles for this convoy, we could be stuck at some river entries for a day or more! though hopefully not.

so, is it worth adding a few extra days here and there just in case?

with two or three cars the trip would be easy, especially if you've got to spend a few hours winching out of bog holes and river exits, etc.

However with 12 or more (confirmed) vehicles for this convoy, we could be stuck at some river entries for a day or more! though hopefully not.

Ime sure Paul mentioned there will be 2 groups travelling 24 hrs apart

Hi mate - there will be two groups travelling 24 hours apart for this very reason - and also because that number of vehicles won't get into some of the spots we're looking to stop at. If you haven't received the participants list (sent yesterday) please let me know and I will re-send. Good thinking mate though, particularly also because of the spacing required in convoy (100-200m). Don't want a 4km long convoy!

Jas

G'evening Joshman,

The only problem area we have is the Telegraph Track. However, the August time frame the water levels are at the lowest points. The difficulty lies how badly the entry/departure crossings are in?

Jamie at Bramwell Junction Road-house advised me last week, that May,June is the worst condition for the track, mid-July it drys out very quickly making August/September the easiest months to do the Telegraph Track!

That's why i have broke this trip into two groups. I want our people to be the first to hit the Tele-track at 7.00am respectively, before everyone else starts hitting the track between 7.30am to 11.30am.

I will have a plan''s B and C in place for everyone in the next 2 weeks!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)
:saberfighting:

Looks like a quality trip with some quality people going ;) I just cant believe all the people keen to follow RLI, he will only get you int trouble :p. I am already in enough trouble with his better half for "advice" I have given him lol.

All jokes aside this should be a ball tearer of a trip and there are some rigs I have heard about that I will be keen to see in the flesh.

Latest posts

Back