Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking to be a 95% goer for this trip.

Having never done this before, are there permits that need to be arranged prior to traveling? Camping, 4wding?

G'day Jason,

Your fee that you pay at the Jardine river crossing covers your permit for the Cape York area.

We only have to pay additional fees if we camp at Elliot falls, Chili beach areas. I will take care of the bookings for those camp grounds in January 2013.

Regards

Paul (RLI)
:rambo:

G'day you fellow Cape York tripping Trendsetters!

Folks, i have been asked is there a cut off time frame for the Cape trip. I have decided that you folks can vote on this matter. It does not really matter to me, however, i do need numbers for booking into the Big 4 caravan park at Port Douglas, Lions den camp ground area, Punsand bay Camping Resort, and both Elliot falls and Chilli beach camp ground areas.

The earlier i can book these areas the better chance of securing a camp spot.

At present i will only use those folks who are definitely confirmed that they are going, as a number figures to be used. Those that decide to be part of the trip after Feb 2013, will have to make there own bookings.

PS, EIGHT MONTHS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)
:saberfighting:

I'm a 90% goer at the moment, just need to juggle one or two things and submit a leave form and I should be good to go. I am psyched for this trip

2013 Cape York Traveling Wilburys tour!!!!!!!!!!!​

Possible touring list:

1. Paul (RLI) & family DEFINITE!
2. Bryan (04silverSTR) DEFINITE!
3. Bryce DEFINITE!
4. Gunning1987: DEFINITE!
5. Sparra (sparra04) DEFINITE!
6. Luke (luke91) DEFINITE!
7. Case84 DEFINITE!
8. lorrieandjas DEFINITE!
9. nissannewby (200 killer wasps) DEFINITE!
10. Scott (scottybobcat) (Possible)
11. Nathan (lunn86) (Possible)
12. Joshman (Possible)
13. Zanick (Possible)
14. Gonzo (Possible)
15. Jason D40 (Possible)
16. Fatboy89 (Fatts) (Possible)

G'day folks, this trip is made up of members from both the Nissan Patrol and Navara Asia forums!

PS, 8 months and counting! Nissan convoy to the Cape, Ye-haa baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

RLI

G'day folks,

I am currently organising to book my Patrol into Diesel Central in Rockhampton for a dyno tune on the 2nd August 2013. This is on the way up to meeting you folks in Port Douglas on or around 3/4 August 2013. If there are any others out there that would like to get a dyno tune, please let me know and i will see if we can book the 2nd August just for our party.

Shawn Swaffield and the staff at Diesel Central are known as one of the best diesel tuners in the business.

Regards,

RLI

I may be VERY interested in this as I'll be setting out from Gladstone, so rocky is just up the road and it would be very handy.

Are they just tuners? Or can try do other mechanical works as well? I might get them to do some prep work a few weeks before hand.

I may be VERY interested in this as I'll be setting out from Gladstone, so rocky is just up the road and it would be very handy.

Are they just tuners? Or can try do other mechanical works as well? I might get them to do some prep work a few weeks before hand.

G,day joshman,

Shawn is regarded as one of the best Nissan diesel mechanics in Australia.

He has just changed his business name from "Swafftec" to Diesel Central. His race Patrol has won shit loads of races. Go to u-tube and type in "swafftec now diesel central-super diesel" This will demonstrate his abilities on how good he gets power from a 4.2 turbo diesel. People travel all around Australia just to get him to tune there turbo diesels.

PS, and he is very reasonably priced!

Regards,

RLI

2013 Cape York Traveling Wilburys tour!!!!!!!!!!!

Possible touring list:

1. Paul (RLI) & family DEFINITE!
2. Bryan (04silverSTR) DEFINITE!
3. Bryce DEFINITE!
4. Gunning1987: DEFINITE!
5. Sparra (sparra04) DEFINITE!
6. Luke (luke91) DEFINITE!
7. Case84 DEFINITE!
8. lorrieandjas DEFINITE!
9. nissannewby (200 killer wasps) DEFINITE!
10. Scott (scottybobcat) (Possible)
11. Nathan (lunn86) (Possible)
12. Joshman (Possible)
13. Zanick (Possible)
14. Gonzo (Possible)
15. Jason D40 (Possible)
16. Fatboy89 (Fatts) (Possible)

G'day folks, this trip is made up of members from both the Nissan Patrol and Navara Asia forums!

PS, 8 months and counting! Nissan convoy to the Cape, Ye-haa baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

RLI

G'day Trendsetters,

Jas, a former Navara Asia member and now a Nissan Patrol forum member as set up the following website for us all. See below

"OK - domain registered - www.travellingwilburys2013.com.au. Take a couple of hours and it'll be visible. I'll poke up a landing page once it's ready and let you know.

Jas"

8 MONTHS AND COUNTING!

Regards,

RLI

Whoops! The page could not be found
are we there yet

G'evening sparra!

Just received this post below from Jas on the Nissan Patrol forum!

Hey mate. Couldn't get the page sorted but the domain is registered to us. I'll sort out a page tomorrow and let you know when it's up. Christmas beers got in the way today!!!

Jas

8 MONTHS AND COUNTING TO, YE-HAA, WERE OFF TO THE CAPE TRENDSETTERS!

Regards,

RLI
:sniper:

Hey guys - sorry - haven't been active on this forum for a while since changing to the Patrol! Website is now up and running so any ideas for content, etc let me know. Just to confuse y'all - I'm Jase on this forum and lorrieandjas on the Nissan Patrol forum. Can't wait for 8 months!

Jas

Latest posts

Back