Buying a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion, might ruffle some feathers... torsion bars are horrible almost worse then the stock leaf springs, I get shaken around everyday when I drive my D22, would love a prado or something with coils, would be a much nicer ride.

Maybe your shocks are to hard? I don't mind torsion bars but I'd have the coil over any day. I have to add that since putting an auto Lokka in the front, off road I can go so much more slower than I needed to before. Making rocky rutted tracks much more pleasurable and less bouncing than before.

Cheers Brad

just stock ones, I have had raw nitro in my previous D22 and I swear it was 10x worse :/ if someone blindfolded me I would of thought I was in an old solid front axle hilux. Had bilsteins in my first car an old R50 pathy with king coils so the ride was pretty nice compared to the D22.

no they are from the stone age, so torsion bars at the front and leaf springs at the back.

I've had no dramas with torsion bar front end. Apart from being limited to 2-3 inch lift in the front, which is only legal anyway. I find that with the torsion bar wound up 2 inches I actually get more front end clearance than my mate in his pootrol, as the diff height is actually raised, meaning less of my undercarriage is less likely to smash on rocks. Where as with a solid axle the only way to raise diff height is to increase tyre size. So by going with a 2 inch lift and larger tyres in a Nav out front diff centre is actually a fair bit higher.

The only main negative is the lack of wheel travel/flex. But with a front Lokka, it doesn't really matter too much anyway.

just stock ones, I have had raw nitro in my previous D22 and I swear it was 10x worse :/ if someone blindfolded me I would of thought I was in an old solid front axle hilux. Had bilsteins in my first car an old R50 pathy with king coils so the ride was pretty nice compared to the D22.

Ive got the same shocks, raw nitro, the handling is 10 times better but jesus you feel every bump. Not 100% sure if it is the shocks though or a new bigger trailer I got, as it all happened on the same weekend. One thing for sure, Im getting pains in my back that were never there before!

Latest posts

Back