bullbar after body lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrol2.8

Reaction score
Has anybody cut and raised a factory steel bull bar 50mm to match a body lift if so whats the best way to do it

there's a post on raising an alloy bar floating round. Should be much the same. I'm waiting on my cert from Qld Transport (3 weeks and counting), then my kits oging in and steel bar will be raised.

how to do it? just gonna give it a try :) Will post pics etc when its done (after easter)

Hey mate,
I have raised my steel bar to match the 50mm body lift, but that involved me throwing away the standard brackets. I used them as a template for the new ones I made, but stretched it in the middle. I made the new ones out of 6mm plate, with bracing flat bar in the same place as the original brackets. However you do loose what I assume is the crumple zone part of the brackets as mine are just flat plate. Also because you are moving the weight out on a longer árm'you need to be aware that a lot more force will be transferred to the mounts on the chassis rails, espc. if you have a winch fitted.
The brackets mount through the crumple zone on the front of the chassis rails, so I drilled out the anchor nuts, bolted right through the rail, and also put flat bar either side of the rail to brace the crumple zone. I think I might have pictures on here if you are that interested, but not able to upload them for a month or so until I get back from the jungle.

As for the rear step... well.. that was much easier. I just drilled new holes 50mm down the exisiting bracket, seemed to work well.

Cheers.

Drill the lower holes in the brackets 50mm higher and the higher holes in the bullbar 50mm lower and bolt back in place using new holes. Took less than 15 minutes.

Thanks guys will have a look on the weekend and work out wich way is the best way to go thanks

You cant just drill the holes and move the bar because the steel bar irons have a metal plate that sits under the rail for extra support.You need to extend these also because the irons mount from sliding onto the rail from the sides and then bolt the bar back onto the irons.It is not a simple job.

Well had a look and wont be as simple as first thought luckily jnr is a boiler maker so he should be able to work it out

Latest posts

Back