Bikes in tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
hi all, just wondering for those of you that have dirt bikes or had dirt bikes in your tub wether they fit in alright? (tailgate down ofcourse), considering buying a wr450f (or exc 450 etc) and would be handy if i didnt have to use the trailer, also are the hooks in the corner of the tubs strong enough to tie down from? they dont look all that strong lol
cheers

Yes it will fit with the tailgate down.. Front wheel turned. Dead centre, only just. Best off putting 2 nice new tie down points on the floor pan 30cm each side of where you will have the front wheel. Tie directly down an use a fork block to save your seals

Scooba, mate I have a yzf450. Fits in the back not a problem at all ( with the tail gate down ). In fact often have it and a yz250 as well and both travel well

I put my Gixxer thou in the back of mine tail gate down easy as. One tie down of either side to the front hooks and never had a problem. The only problem i have is finding higher ground to get it off and on because it sits high and the bike tends to belly out. But with the dirt squirter it shouldnt be a drama

Scooba, mate I have a yzf450. Fits in the back not a problem at all ( with the tail gate down ). In fact often have it and a yz250 as well and both travel well

lol i was thinking i might squeeze one in maybe, but if two can fit then sweet as

what kind of tie down points should i put in the floor fatboy?

I put my Gixxer thou in the back of mine tail gate down easy as. One tie down of either side to the front hooks and never had a problem. The only problem i have is finding higher ground to get it off and on because it sits high and the bike tends to belly out. But with the dirt squirter it shouldnt be a drama

i have a cbr600 f4i so i can imagine how much the belly would scrape getting it off at that height

That's why I built my metal tray, had 2 bikes and gear on the back. I've had my ol' WR on the back in the tub, managed it quite easily.

I have come to the conclusion that a motorbike trailer is lots easier... Tried with my CRF450 and was a pain, just to high.
Would hate to try and put my CBR Blade in the tub.

Mate I use the existing hooks. Not ideal but hasn't looked like letting me down yet. As long as you use fork blocks you won't have a drama

I have always put my wr in the back without any dramas. Used both tie down hooks in the corner just make sure they are tightened up. Just reverse up to a mound to unload easy and the same to reload. I do use a fork brace as it helps maintain a rigid bike. I also fill up the back with camping gear and just put occy straps across the back to hold everything in. When the tyres are muddy just be careful when strapping the bike in as the tub can become slippery.
:rock:

i easily put 2 dirt bikes in with the front wheels into each corner. i took off the sports bar as the mudguards get pushed across by the side braces. i agree with putting in stronger tie down points on the floor as the tie down rails flex alot when you pull the bike down

Latest posts

Back