ball bearing turbo conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tufnav

Reaction score
Ok guys as the title states... can this be done? Currently researching for places that might be able to convert our stock turbos to ball bearing type. Atm only found a place in the UK which I'm still awaiting for a reply to email.

Interested in your thoughts on this?

Mike Vine does it IN QLD with about a 56% increase in power and torque, cost a lot of $$$ but give him a call anyway seems to be the guru on turbos in QLD from what I have heard and can probably set you straight. Few people on here have done it and said the ZD30 with a BB turbo converts nicely.

YD25 engined D22 turbo is ball race bearings...
YD25 engined D40 turbo is not..

think he uses a garret turbo, AXT make a kit to but apparently its a POS and nothing fits properly.

Check out my garage I have a Dyno from mike Vines, worth the money, something like 600+ NM love it
turbo kicks in at 1500rmp to 1800rmp, pull like a 18 year old

Reason I'm looking into this is I struck an issue running a large water injector. It had caused a lot of blow by that foamed up and filled my catch can. I think some got past and was flowing into the turbo and caused heavy pitting to my new billet turbo wheel. I was shocked when I saw it seeming I had just spent 1200 4months ago to replace a blown turbo. I'm thinking on just getting the billet wheel cartridge fitted. Nothing wrong with the housing as far as I can see.
What sort of money do these ball bearing turbo conversions cost? I am very tempted :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back