Baby seat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendangm119

Reaction score
I have a 2011 st duel cab but it has no where to put the babyseat strap has any one have a way to get one put in

I have a 2007 D40 STX and I have mounts behind each of my seats. Have you pull the seats forward to see if there are any mounts or holes to screw a mount in ?

Hey mate,

I have just bought the same as you, it is an optional extra to get the anchor points installed by nissan - they charge about $300 for 2 points (driver side and passenger side). You need these to install a baby seat.

Here is the annoying part, in Spain it is a requirment to have these points as standard therefore on an STX they come with it but in Thailand (and Australia) it is not a legal requirment. Go figure!!

yeh mate only the STX has anchor points. you will need to get them fitted by a certified comapny. i paid $300 for 3 points and a modification plate. i personally wouldnt do it myself because my daughters is worth to much to skimp on. i got mine done in perth by T&L engineering. they did a great job.

I think (correct me if i'm wrong here) that you don't legally need a restraint to be professionally fitted, you can do it yourself.
I sold my King Cab and got the 550 when the little one came along for exactly the reason above, my daughters life is worth it. (and I liked the 550, any dual cab would have done!)

They can (or atleast could) be brought from ebay and fitted at home, I have no idea of the quality and I don't believe they were illegal if done right but they did cross the rear window (i.e the went floor to roof). Last time I saw them on ebay it was about $50 dearer to get a qualified mech to fit ones actually made for the car and you have someone to blame if they don't meet all ADR's etc.

yeh ones i got are ADR compliant and are fitted very neatly, look almost factory. here in wa you need a mod plate and need to be fitted by authorised people.

I have a 2010 D40 ST and it doesn't have anchor points. Only standard on the Spanish built STX. I have called around many places and the best I have found so far is from TJM. 2 points fitted + compliance plated fro $300.00.

Will have mine fitted soon as now we have a 9week old boy and he will definitely want to ride in Daddy's truck!

Latest posts

Back