Baby seat kingcab D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rear door operation may make it illegal given that it may not be considered a second row. If its legal it will be as simple as fitting them to a Thai truck. Just about any mech or auto club (RACV,RACQ etc) so be able to help

I asked Nissan and they said yes, actually the salesman say "little seats, little legs, no problem"
Took it to the child restraint joint and they said I was kidding myself.

I was going to make a frame up to support the seat (KC seats too short so baby seat rocks around) and have a spot for the restraint to clip to.

The mrs would't hear tell of the new baby being held in place by some bodged up home made contraption that the restraint joint wouldn't even consider, so I traded on the STX 550.

Also I think the baby seat might be too long to go in as there isn't much room in there, my daughter (18months) touches the back of the passenger seat with her feet in the dual cab when the seat is in a comfy spot, king cab a fair bit shorter

I bought a D40 Dual Cab for this reason exclusively. I wouldnt have minded buying a brand new d22 for what i paid for the STX second hand. but, there was no chance i would have fitted the baby seat facing the rear in the D22. It sits in a "nice comfy spot" for the mrs when its facing the rear. and i think there will be ample room for little miss muffet when she is facing the front. When i looked at the King cab, it didnt look like it was gonna fit, those seats are much bigger and take up more room than you might think.

Are there anchor points in the Back of the king cab? From past posts it seems only the STX came with them as standard. But in saying that, if there are no anchor points in there, but the bolt holes are, then baby seats were supposed to be fitted...

Cheers everyone my brother just moved back down from Queensland with my 2 nephews
1 and 4 years old wanna start taking the elder bloke out a little bit but hmy bro's
missus insists i need a child seat first.
Only had the ute for six months so upgrade to duel cab not an option look's like he will just have to wait a bit longer.

Still need an anchor point for the seat which would have to be behind the rear seat unless there was some way of manufacturing another method to secure the mount.

Also I'm not sure the commercial seat ruling is Australia wide.

NRMA or their accredited mechs should be able to help. RACV has pointed a number or people in Vic to the right place.

But just about any mech should be able to do it, there used to be a kit on ebay so it's not a hard job, depending on just how it's done. (note I wouldn't recommend the ebay kit I was just using it as an example of how easy some jobs can be)

Disable the passenger airbag & stick him in the front.

Legal as its commercial i believe

Rang the auto lec the other day he said if i can get a transistor to fool the computer into thinking the bag is still connected he will put it in for me,
Then rang nissan the do not make one as they think it is illegal but told me to ring mitsubishi as they come out standard with a switch to turn the bag on and off.
Anyone got any ideas on where i could look for a transistor other than ringing mitsubishi

Latest posts

Back