Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a .243 which I find as a good all round rifle but then again a haven't really shot anything else

Last pic
Is Zues our main boy! 2.5 years old and will
Lug almost anything.
The dog cage is a home built jobby we made for
My mates brand new D22.

Attachments

• image-844332840.jpg
    image-844332840.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3772945493.jpg
    image-3772945493.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1216995200.jpg
    image-1216995200.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3447192950.jpg
    image-3447192950.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 49
  • image-878150906.jpg
    image-878150906.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 53
I traded my 300 win mag for a 300 wsm, my win mag was heavy but the upside was the recoil wasnt bad. The wsm may kick a little more, but its so light and easy to carry all day. Have you shot a 300 or 7mm before? They do kick a bit

Oh righto. Na i havnt shot either but am going to have a shot of a 7mm hopefully next weekend. Recoil doesnt realy bother me i have shot a fair range of guns before and it hasnt bothered me before. What does their recoil compare to similar to a 338 or some where round that

Oh righto. Na i havnt shot either but am going to have a shot of a 7mm hopefully next weekend. Recoil doesnt realy bother me i have shot a fair range of guns before and it hasnt bothered me before. What does their recoil compare to similar to a 338 or some where round that

Probably all about the same, The only thing to take into account is the weight of the rifle, Synthetic or wood or laminate and a good recoil pad. My 300 win mag which had a laminate stock and was on the heavy side felt like it kicked less than my tikka t3 stainless lite in 308. now i have a 300 wsm in a lightweight set up it feels to have a slight increase in recoil over my 308. 375 h+h is different again, same as 458 win mag more of a shotgun push

Im just getting into the hunting scene, Currently trying to locate a safe for myself. Well trying to return the crappy one i scored online and get a better one.
Not too sure where ill start with rifles quite yet, giving some thought to semi auto air rifels as a kick start. Any one got any suggestions?

mike1303 said:
Im just getting into the hunting scene, Currently trying to locate a safe for myself. Well trying to return the crappy one i scored online and get a better one.
Not too sure where ill start with rifles quite yet, giving some thought to semi auto air rifels as a kick start. Any one got any suggestions?

Hey mike,
I brought both my safes off eBay for around $250-$300 and first one was a 3 gun safe and it was a tad small so I ended up buying a 5 gun safe and it's got a shit load of room, I started off with a .22 then got myself a .243 and haven't brought anything else. If I had my time again I would buy a .22 mag for my first rifle..... It's personal preference to be honest but I'd recommend a .22 mag first off

Hey mike,
I brought both my safes off eBay for around $250-$300 and first one was a 3 gun safe and it was a tad small so I ended up buying a 5 gun safe and it's got a shit load of room, I started off with a .22 then got myself a .243 and haven't brought anything else. If I had my time again I would buy a .22 mag for my first rifle..... It's personal preference to be honest but I'd recommend a .22 mag first off

Which brand of safe was that? The one i picked up was a Quick western 7 gun with electronic lock and it broke the first time i used the manual override key!!! not happy at all. Hoping to get a full refund and buy a Scorpion global safe With no electronic lock.

im not surprised you suggest the 22mag, its a great rifle! I was thinking around the same i think i Might look at the Hornet as my mate reloads rounds. I have heard they are getting expensive thou.

mike1303 said:
Which brand of safe was that? The one i picked up was a Quick western 7 gun with electronic lock and it broke the first time i used the manual override key!!! not happy at all. Hoping to get a full refund and buy a Scorpion global safe With no electronic lock.

im not surprised you suggest the 22mag, its a great rifle! I was thinking around the same i think i Might look at the Hornet as my mate reloads rounds. I have heard they are getting expensive thou.

Yeah the .22 mag was about $550 when I priced it. I got my .243 with scope for $600 and it's perfect I'd love to get a .22 mag but there's no reason to have one when I've got the .243

Not sure what brand my safe is, it has the electronic pin lock on it and I can't fault it to be honest but I might just be lucky enough to get a good one..

Where abouts you from mike???

How did you find the 300WM. Why are you swapping it. I only ask because i was tossing up between 300WM and the 7mm rem mag

nothing wrong with the 300...still keeping it for longer range stuff.
Fair recoil tho.

45/70...bit of an oldy but puts good sized holes in deer. if my mem is right its fairly slow so your going need to get a lot closer than with the 300wm.
can be also great fun in blackpowder shoots.

Yes closer....Vic high country is densly wooded close range deer shooting...for me anyway....The 1895SBL is a LA, 6 in the mag + 1....good and easy for follow up shots, short barrel....easy to carry and with the ghost ring sight quick to aquire a target...itns what I want anyway.....plus its got plenty of punch.

as for the 300WM v 300WSM v 7mmRem debate....I went the 300WM,

wasnt a quick choice....mulled over it for several months.

Yeah the .22 mag was about $550 when I priced it. I got my .243 with scope for $600 and it's perfect I'd love to get a .22 mag but there's no reason to have one when I've got the .243

Not sure what brand my safe is, it has the electronic pin lock on it and I can't fault it to be honest but I might just be lucky enough to get a good one..

Where abouts you from mike???

i got incontact with them today and will be shipping it back to melbourne tomorrow and getting my money back. (any suggestions on which comapany might be cheaper??)

IM located in canberra mate, How about you?

Im thinking i want a 224 but for what im more likely to be shooting in the near future thats a lot more punch then necessary. the 22 Hornet will most likely be my weapon of choice, after a find the right air rifle first. Theres something about hunting rabbits with something with such a small caliber. seems more like a sport to me :) see how i go i guess!!!!

theres so many brands and models out there, im really not sure whats better, everyone i speak to has their own opinions on everything too.

mike1303 said:
i got incontact with them today and will be shipping it back to melbourne tomorrow and getting my money back. (any suggestions on which comapany might be cheaper??)

IM located in canberra mate, How about you?

Im thinking i want a 224 but for what im more likely to be shooting in the near future thats a lot more punch then necessary. the 22 Hornet will most likely be my weapon of choice, after a find the right air rifle first. Theres something about hunting rabbits with something with such a small caliber. seems more like a sport to me :) see how i go i guess!!!!

theres so many brands and models out there, im really not sure whats better, everyone i speak to has their own opinions on everything too.

Just checked in eBay and the brand I brought was V-SAFE it's on eBay for $235 with free postage to most areas.... Yeah I don't care to much for brands I have a marlin .22 and a savage edge .243 but I dont use them that often coz I don't know anyone with properties and the people I used to go shooting with have stopped goin so I'm trying to find my own contacts which isn't easy lol. Oh yeah I'm from Newcastle

as for the 300WM v 300WSM v 7mmRem debate....I went the 300WM,

wasnt a quick choice....mulled over it for several months.

its not a quick choice, first caliber then wood or synthetic and then blued or stainless, always loved blued barrel and a nice timber stock, but i finally bought a stainless synthetic and loved it so i bought another. but i hunt near the sea. and if your going to hunt the high country consider a stainless rifle, it can be that moist up there your gun literally starts to rust overnight

Latest posts

Back