Anti-Theft Licence Plate Screws

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carltonfc01

Reaction score
Hi All

Have had trouble in the past with my personalised licence plates being stolen. Am just in the process of getting them remade again and was wondering what people have done to make their licence plates more secure. Have seen the anti-theft licence plate screws on ebay but would they be that effective if anyone can buy the tool on ebay to remove them. Is there any better options out there?

Thanks

Go to the cop shop and ask them for the anti-theft screws, they used to give them away for nothing but that may well be dependent on state these days. Short of that it's a backyard mod with any number of options you can buy from hardware stores, bolt stores or the like, but unfortunately nothing today is theft proof all you can do is slow them down and hope the find an easier target.

Was thinking it would probably end up being a home mod job. Your right about it just being to slow them down though cant think of anything that would be more than an inconvenience for a thief.

Riveted mine on my last car, had to drill out the rivets to keep the plates at changeover to D22. Don't think it's legal though, at least in NSW

I was thinking that or just drilling out the head of the screw so the driver would have nothing to grip onto.

Latest posts

Back