2006 Front Diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's petrol it will likely be an R200A and if it's a diesel it will likely be an R180A. Some people with the R180As have had breakages and have replaced with R200As, as they are supposedly a better front diff (stronger)

Ignore the engine type and what should be in there, I want to know what is actually in there.
Wreckers and mechanics refer to CA43 or CA46 diffs, how does this compare to R180A/R200A etc. I know the CA43 referred to is marked as 43a so would it follow mine would be CA46 but still which housing is this R180A or R200A?

Ignore the engine type and what should be in there, I want to know what is actually in there.
Wreckers and mechanics refer to CA43 or CA46 diffs, how does this compare to R180A/R200A etc. I know the CA43 referred to is marked as 43a so would it follow mine would be CA46 but still which housing is this R180A or R200A?

R180A and R200A are the two diffs that the D22 come with, i personally have not heard of the "CA---" references before.

If you have a stock D22 that has never had the front end pulled apart then you would have either one of those diffs in it (R180A or R200A) as said above and its the only reference i know of.

I saw a post a while ago which had a link in it to an overseas website and a guy had compiled a list of the code identifiers CA43, CA46 etc and their associated actual diff codes, that was for front and rear. I cannot for the life of me find the page again though, I am relatively sure it was a bloke from the US compiling info for fronteirs, which is just the re badged version of our D22

Just re-checked the diff and it is definitely 64A, this is cast in not stamped.
The vin plate has CA43 on it, however I think that may be incorrect as to what is in it now.
One thing that makes me think this is the fact that it revs quite high at highway speeds, it revs at around 2900rpm at 100km/h which is higher than what I've had other people say theirs rev at. My front brakes are larger than standard as well, standard pads won't fit it. There is evidence that a ROPS bar has been on it at some point and there is a spot on the fire wall that looks like it may have had a mod plate removed, is it possible it may be ex-mine spec?

CA43 is r180 and 4.3 gears.

That page hasn't been updated in a while with them saying there are no traction aids for the r180. Everyone does one now

Even ex mines doesn't explain the different code casted into the diff. Plus the larger brakes is another concern come replacement time as you won't know what products have been used.

It can't be this hard mate,
IS IT A V-6 PETROL...........

OR

IS

IT

A

DIESEL ENGINE!!!!

THEY HAVE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FRONT DIFFS

I have the V-6 petrol 3L.....
And mine is 100% A R200 diff in the front.

As NATH SAID,
Diesels and petrols have two completely diffs in them...
It would be handy to know what engine is in the NISSAN....????????????????????????????

CHEERS
GEOFF

"GO THE NAV V6's"

Unless of course you bought the vehicle second hand and the person before you put in an R200a as a replacement, highly unlikely as it may be, it could happen.

It should be R180A
Im not sure it would be that unlikely that it hasnt been changed, i know if i blew a diff and had to buy another that i wouldnt just say stuff it and buy the stronger one.
In a way it would be just as much work to do the centre as it would be to just replace the entire unit.

A few additional points,
when jacked up wheels spin the same way when turned i.e. not open diff
CV's where replaced last week, not 27 spline units but 31 spline
Not marked Nissan and numbers are cast in not stamped like standard units
This is not a stock truck from the time I bought it, I am fully aware what should be in it, my original question still stands, What diff would have 64A cast into the housing? I have never seen it or come across any reference to it, I was just curious if anyone had come across it and could identify it, I have no idea who may have done the work originally.

Latest posts

Back