1st Time Post

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njbecks

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Nick is my name from Sydney. I bought a 2010 D22 about 4 months ago for work and play. My first 4WD.
I'm looking forward to taking it off road a bit more (currently its only been on Stockton Sand Dunes for a bit of fun).

A quick question for the more seasoned Navara owners out there. It's just about to click over 10,000km. I noticed about 3-4 weeks ago a growning noise coming out of the rear end when I turn corners. Especially tighter turning. It happens with and without a load on. Has anyone experienced this before? Is it the leaf springs or is it something in the LS Diff? I can feel it through the clutch when it happens. Its a bit concerning that it wasn't happening when I bought it (to my knowledge) and it seems to be getting a bit worse.

I was waiting to take it to Nissan for its 10,000km service but after reading a few comments about Nissan - I almost don't want to take it to them for the service, only the warranty side of things. The sales experience i had a Nissan was pretty poor - they were pretty average with delivery of the vehicle with all its specs that I asked & paid for but I'd be happy to take it back to them if they were going to fix a few things I want done.

How are they on warranty claims?

I appreciate any response.
Cheers
Nick (Becks)

Welcome to the forums Nick, there is plenty here to read.

Not sure about your problems but vibrations has been spoken about a few times this week in both D40 and D22 models so someone will no doubt have more useful information for you than the average Nissan dealer.

:welcome: to the forum.

check that the spare wheel is tight,
or
if it is actually the rear diff it could be water in the oil or the wrong oil.

Either way an oil change will be necessary if thats the prob,
but,
check the other threads on here as is been covered before many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're still welcome Nick (just being polite as I slightly hijack your thread)

Krankin (or anyone else): what was the story with the D22 diff's that had problems a while back, someone asked me the other day about the problem and I couldn't really find anything definitive. Was there a definitive problem or was it just a random thing that those who got it were unlucky to get?

You're still welcome Nick (just being polite as I slightly hijack your thread)

Krankin (or anyone else): what was the story with the D22 diff's that had problems a while back, someone asked me the other day about the problem and I couldn't really find anything definitive. Was there a definitive problem or was it just a random thing that those who got it were unlucky to get?

1/ It was for those that did submersible water crossings, had water in the oil.

2/ some of the newer models 09, 10 had standard diff oil from the factory and not LSD oil.

Either way, when one has the correct LSD oil in the diff, take it for a drive on a large bitumen carpark and perform 10 tight circles turning left and 10 to the right.
this will smooth out any chatter in the clutches, but you must be using the correct and non contaminated oil.

If with time though the prob persists or gets worse, there is another problem than a tight new LSD clutch.

i suppose though if its a brand spanker take it back to nissan

Hi All Forum Members
Just want to say hello to every one. I am a new member from Phalaborwa South Africa.

fri

Welcome to the forums fri

What have you got, wheres the pics and how's it go? (maybe in a new thread about your ride)

No worries Krafty.
Thanks for the tips guys.
I'll certainly bring it up with the Nissan guys with my due service.

Back