101 reasons why a D22 is better than a D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D22's have a stronger front diff in the V6's.

Speaking of which, was talking to the bloke from Eaton the other day.

Was mentioning there was a market out there for cast iron front diff housings for D40's.

I went out driving on the weekend at Mount Barney in my D22 - one of my mates brought along his new D40 - the first time I'd been bush with another Navara - We had some fun - got the cars dirty - on the way home to where we were camping he stopped - his water temperature was in the RED - turns out he had torn off a part of the bottom of the radiator - the radiator could not be repaired so he ended up with a $700 bill.

I was thinking about it later and I figured that I'm glad I own a D22, because based on my experience - every time I go bush with a D40 the owner has to replace his radiator and I figured that would soon become a very expensive proposition.

The more I though about it the more I realized there is probably 101 reasons why a D22 is better than a D40 - so I figured collectively all the D22 owners could come up with a reason and we would have a pretty good list - I also thought that the D40 owners could come up with a corresponding list of 101 reason why a D40 is better than a D22 - and then I realized - no actually they couldn't because everyone knows they aren't :sarcastic:

So here is reason number 1 & 2 of why a d22 is better than a D40:

1: I don't have to replace my radiator every time I go bush.
2: When I drive the D22 people don't think I'm a hair dresser

:sorry3:ican put my kids in my d40

Yeah but in DJ's defense he'd probably get in trouble for stuffing your kids in his car.

Having no room in the back seat can be an advantage. Saturday night I gave 4 half drunk girls a ride up the street from the 21st i was working at. Suffice to say that the view improves when they have their knees up around their ears!!

Latest posts

Back