1000K Free check

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10312

Reaction score
In a few days time putting my new King Cab in for the check/service. Was told to be really particular with this service. There are a few minor issues but one that does concern me is, it sits 10 or so mm lower on the right hand side. Can not detect anything while driving, in fact it drives supurbley but it is visable.
Do you think 10mm+ is to much? what would be a possible cause? Crook spring?

I'd mention it. The check is not just to make sure that the vehicle has held together and nothing has fallen off. It's also so you can point out things that you've noticed that aren't right with the brand new vehicle.

The way these things are tied down for shipping, I wouldn't be surprised about a slightly dodgy spring letting go. Bring it to their attention so it can be replaced before it lets you down on the highway.

My 09 has been leaning for most of it's life, last time I measured it there was about 7mm in it on the front left but in some car parks it looks heaps more. No one's said there is anything wrong with it so far and I don't know for sure if it has been like it from the factory or not I just know it's been there a while. It's definitely worth mentioning but don't be too worried if they say it's nothing to be concerned with, let us know what they say.

Having similar probs Longy?

As it turns out, no good. told them about the problem and this is what stated in the service report- Quote

"Upon inspection found that the D/S is lower but also the front suspensention has sagged allltogether. Specs for ride height is 510-500mm from centre of wheel to wheel arch. Measured 480mm PS. and 490mm DS. Have advised techline on this issure and awaiting their reply."

After a week I hear nothing from the dealer so thought better give them a call. Was then informed the issue had been resolved 5 days ago. Like, oh really why wasn't I informed. Techline had got back to them two days later to say that any retification of the problem has been delclined as 10mm from one side to the other is within spec. When I said you say in the service report the front had sagged on both sides and was out of spec by there very own admission. They came back with the same Techline says 10mm from one side to the other is ok. No wonder some blokes get so angry. I was going to take issue over it, but it drives fine and I plan in the short term to have a 50mm lift. Just easier to let it go. I probably shouldn't as there is a bit principal at stake here.

Ahhh ok those figures may not be the same for mine since they changed the specs a bit in the 2010 model.

Yeh mate same deal here drivers side front and rear sit lower,my front is that shagged that if you hit a few pot holes the ute tries to bounce of the road and the wipers flick themselves on,and the rear springs are inverted.
Got it in for its 10000 service tomorrow so i will see how i go
i just went out and measured from centre of hub drivers side is 470mm and passenger side is 490mm not sure how to measure the back to as i have a steel tray on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back