which panel filter airbox?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tufnav

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Thinking about modifing either a ba falcon or vt holden air box to suit the nav. Wanting to fit a panel filter as they flow better imho. What's your thoughts? Going to be a challenge to hook up snorkel to it though!

Sounds like a great plan- a lot of D22 owners have done the 80 series air box mod to increase air flow and have a had good results from doing so. I remember seeing a few pics of custom stainless air boxes that utilised panel filters on the Patrol forums too.

Have a go and throw up some pics too!

Good luck.

Yeah I've read lots up on the 80 series airbox mod but it takes up so much room. I've got the ase front mount mount intercooler and the piping takes up a fair bit of room.

Yeah I saw a few alloy boxes fabed up to suit a gen3 panel filter. They look the goods but at a hefty price tag. 600 plus for the millweld airbox, looks the goods with 4" inlet and outlets. Was also looking at the zd30 patroldocta but even that one is around the 450 mark.

Got my mind set on a panel filter design just got to find the size I want and box to fit the nav.

The ba air boxes are pretty huge, I know you wanted a panel filter, but maybe look at a Donaldson setup? They are still cylindrical like the factory one but have huge inlets and outlets. I'm pretty sure they can be rotated around too so you can set them up however you need to.

Alright guys the v6 holden vt airbox will fit just have to modify the box a bit.
Firstly have to seal the intake hole on the box. (Haven't done that yet)
Then buy a flared 3 or 4 inch speaker port to connect snorkel too.
Then its just a matter of joining it up to the turbo.
Just need...
1x 3.5" to 3" 45 degree silicone joiner
1x 3" straight silicone joiner
1x 3" to 2" 90 degree silicone joiner
1x 3" short steel tube
Tube of sikaflex or slaz
And ofcourse a new panel air filter.

Still in progress atm and waiting on parts so I post up progress next week.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back