Tyre wear due to bad alignment? and replacement suggestions.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark86

Reaction score
Not that I've ever paid much attention to them but I've noticed the outside of the front left tyre is alot more worn than the inside. The front right tyre shows even wear from inside to outside.

the car and tyres have 76000 Ks on them. Servicing and wheel alignments have been done by Nissan. Tyre pressures have always been 36psi all round.

Obviously these tyres need replacing so any suggestions on replacements for the factory D22 STR dueler 693s? 99% round town driving with very occasional mild offroad.

I'd consider fitting some sunny style rims if it opened up options for a more standard road tyre.

First pic shows the front left. Other pic is the right.

v41l3o.jpg

mb3bit.jpg

Yeah, i was getting that. I put it down to bad alignment, not rotating, and too many highway roundabouts (i drive like a granny, but still..) nearly 80thou not a bad effort though. Just make sure you get another wheel alignment on the new set and rotate every oilchang if poss.

For the wheel alignment find a guy who knows what he is doing not just putting settings in into the machine . I found a guy that set it up how he thought best and it is great, tyres wear even all round and it drives nicely. Has a fair bit of negative camber.

Yea the left is well out of alignment. Either toe in or camber is off. Can also be caused by worn lower control arm bushes or tie rod being loose. Might show up as ok on an alignment but under real world load it all changes. I agree with loco12 find a guy who knows his stuff not one of those pitstop types.

I don't know if it's true or not, and I am by far an expert on anything but I was told by a dude at the tyre shop that the D22s for some reason chew out tyres, especially certain tread patterns and types, regardless of a perfect wheel alignment

Took my d22 2012 model to 1 place 3 times to get it aligned, he said it was aligned but it pulled to left. Took it to another shop 2 times he said that the machine said all was good but if still pulled left. I told him to drive it and see how it was but he wouldn't. Finally found tyre shop that knew their stuff apparently suspension had sagged fixed that and alignment all good now.

Took 3 attempts to get mine right after suspension lift.
Both fronts were gone in 45000k, so the lift went in as part of trying to sort it.

Kept pulling strong left on cambered roads, but overcoming that meant right drift on flatter surfaces. Laser aligned each time.
Looking elsewhere next time around.

It is a common occurance on D22's. One 4wd shop attempted mine 4 times and still couldn't get it right. Last week after my service my left front was worn more than the others. The dealer suggested it get taken to a truck place that does wheel alignments as the camber is off and it generally takes a day to fix. He said he has never seen it so hard to fix on other cars/4wds except d22's

Thanks for the replies.

I reckon the alignments been bad since new. The comments about pulling to the left sound familiar.

I had Nisssan (apparantly) do a wheel alignment at the first service and have done a couple of times since then as well. Can't say I notice much difference afterwards though.

Any recommendations for someone who know what they're doing in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne? I'm in Bayswater. Would be good if they sell tyres as well.

Latest posts

Back