turbo on 720

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as long as you can change the bellhousing on the 720 gearbox you should have a good chance at getting the conversion to work? I would have thought you will have problems with the licencing as the TD27 didnt come out in the 720.

If you don't intend on selling the truck, just driving it into the ground, I wouldn't bother as it won't raise eyebrows, wow a slow old Nissan diesel in a slow old Nissan truck, but if you do plan to sell or might in the future, engineering won't be too big a deal IF there's no welding and the motor is as-fitted to the donor vehicle. You might get away with engineering it for $300 if you shop around (VIC prices)

I know that feeling, all the info in my head could be put to use rebuilding a vehicle but time wont let me.

Dave.

The TD27T was used in Terrano's, D21's, early D22's, Nissan Forklifts etc.

Even the UK black taxi's run the TD27, its a old design motor.

Dave.

The TD27T was used in Terrano's, D21's, early D22's, Nissan Forklifts etc.

Even the UK black taxi's run the TD27, its a old design motor.

Dave.

Terranos post-'88

NZ D21s.

4x2 early D22s.

Jap Urvans.

Just to clarify :top:

The new shape ones look pretty much like a Hiace.

The only ones were rust buckets so I hear.

Dave.

ok, so what year are the early D22's, and roughly how much would a motor cost from the wreckers?

what about getting the head revalved? would that solve the problem of the head not taking to the boost?

ok, so what year are the early D22's, and roughly how much would a motor cost from the wreckers?

Early D22 TD27 motors will have a 4x2 sump and will be largely useless to you.

However, they were apparently fitted to 4x2 Navaras from 1997-2001.

From a wrecker you're looking at anywhere from $1000 to $1600.

On the private wrecking market they're worth about $1000 tops.

Up your way it would be easiest to get a TD27T out of a wrecked Terrano, there's more Terranos the further north you go.

what about getting the head revalved? would that solve the problem of the head not taking to the boost?

Head over to outerlimits and have a read of all the buildlogs for the guys turboing SD33 Patrols - the SD25 will be a very similar story.

have a read of all the buildlogs for the guys turboing SD33 Patrols - the SD25 will be a very similar story.

are they in a thred on this forum? (please post link)

Latest posts

Back