Turbo Advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Until you plug a computer back in and reload the factory maps

Or nissan does a software update and reloads the factory tune

^ That's always been an option - ECU reflash or a chip. Unplug the chip and Nissan can't affect it.

Thing is, chips usually have to fool the ECU. ChipIt/Unichip - supposedly the best out there - modify the fuel rail pressure sensor to make the ECU believe it needs to increase the pump output. Unichip also mucks with the CAS signal to affect ignition timing. If you edit the factory maps, then the signal information arriving at the ECU is real data.

As said though, an update by Nissan - whether it's for a known glitch or just to follow an internal procedure when problem-solving - will remove the work you've done, so storing the changes in a file that you can upload again is the best way to deal with it.

Also - in my personal experience with data processing - backing up the factory setup is absolutely vital before starting work.

I've got my OBD adapter now, but don't have the time to fiddle. I probably won't have the time before Christmas - just way too much on the plate.

Tony when you do get a chance to talk to the ecu i would be very interested to learn how you did it as i plan to have a go at adjusting the mapping as well. At this stage i just have a obdii adaptor and torque. I also have scanmaster but cant see any way of writing anything to the ecu.

Tony when you do get a chance to talk to the ecu i would be very interested to learn how you did it as i plan to have a go at adjusting the mapping as well. At this stage i just have a obdii adaptor and torque. I also have scanmaster but cant see any way of writing anything to the ecu.

You can't remap thru a bluetooth obd2 adapter or with anything like scanmaster. http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/index.php?sid=afe41d770920c66ede0566a3bcbe3944
Ecu connections is about the best forum.

Personally I wouldn't be uploading to the ecu over Bluetooth, I would be worried about it dropping out half way and corrupting the ecu. I'll definitely be looking in to this, a obd2 to serial or to USB with a laptop would be much safer.

Im looking for a obd to serial..cannot seem to find a decent one...even took my usb obd adapter apart to remove the ftdi chip and grab the raw serial sata but its actually all on the one board and it all got too hard.if anyone has a link for a serial obd cable id appreciate it

This is the ebay item number of the adaptor I got. 281460308582 it does connect with the software that comes with it, but the programming side of that program is for Toyota, so it can't do anything with the nissan ecu. It does have a generic diagnostic tool in it though, which works.

I don't really fancy getting one of those 300 odd buck consult 3 tools, but it may be the easiest way... :/

I saw a few on ebay from $30 (not sure) up to $180ish.definatly need somone to say yes they do work before id part with that coin.

Yeah, that one I posted above was around 30 bucks. .. I'd love to try and get hold of the consult software they give you with the 200odd buck ones and see if I can get it to work with the adaptor I have...

Latest posts

Back