Turbo Advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharr224

Reaction score
hey guys,
does any one know what brand of turbos went into d40 08 navaras. im just wondering to check and see if my car has a stock turbo.

Cheers in advance
Jai

Should be a garrett gt2056v.thats the factory on if it doesnt say garrett on it its a aftermarket one...no big deal the garrett wasnt that good anyway and the no namers are just as good as the garrett.hope this helps

I still can't understand why they would put a ball bearing wastegated turbo in the d22 and a bush bearing vnt turbo in the d40... surely they could have thrown a ball bearing vnt turbo in both of them...

I agree with both camo and bods. The Garrett turbo is a mass-produced "it's ok" job, but many aftermarket ones are better (except for Kambrook ones). I think Forefront Industries make one now too?

And you DO have to wonder why they chose journals on the VNT model. The bloody thing spins at 100,000rpm+, why on earth would you use metal sleeves as bearings?

VNT control does require some extra processing power though and maybe the D22 has a Casio-based ECU compared to something by Intel (a very early one, jeez let's not get carried away) in the D40.

I agree with both camo and bods. The Garrett turbo is a mass-produced "it's ok" job, but many aftermarket ones are better (except for Kambrook ones). I think Forefront Industries make one now too?

And you DO have to wonder why they chose journals on the VNT model. The bloody thing spins at 100,000rpm+, why on earth would you use metal sleeves as bearings?

VNT control does require some extra processing power though and maybe the D22 has a Casio-based ECU compared to something by Intel (a very early one, jeez let's not get carried away) in the D40.
Good point with the ecus tony. I'm still looking into software to have a play, the most I have discovered so far is they are both denso sh078 based ecus. I know mine definitely has a denso ecu in it, I have removed it and even took a pic hahaha. Actually getting software to talk to the ecu is a different matter entirely...

I've got Scanmaster here, I have to bodge up my OBD adapter so I can not only query the ECU, but write to it too. Just getting some extra renovations done to the new house ... we are moving in 4 weeks' time and I'm now ripping up the carpet in the bedrooms!

Good point with the ecus tony. I'm still looking into software to have a play, the most I have discovered so far is they are both denso sh078 based ecus. I know mine definitely has a denso ecu in it, I have removed it and even took a pic hahaha. Actually getting software to talk to the ecu is a different matter entirely...

Join ecu-connections.com and google mpps clone and see what you find. mpps might not be the right one for denso but it'll point you in the right direction. WINOLS for the mapping.

Join ecu-connections.com and google mpps clone and see what you find. mpps might not be the right one for denso but it'll point you in the right direction. WINOLS for the mapping.
Already on ecu connections, but I'll have a look into the other one. The biggest issue is finding out the access keys to start communication. ...

"Twice" started a thread on here and is on ecu-connections , don't know how he went decompiling the 2.5.

Yeah I think so. Someone did post a d40 definition file on there, the problem seems to be actually communicating with the d22 ecu... :/

Yep, that's true. Just a matter of working out the maps. The main thing is disabling egr altogether and having a play with injector timing and duration

That's correct. You are just editing the factory maps in the ecu instead of putting a chip in between the motor and ecu...

Latest posts

Back