Transfer case

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1234

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just took the transmission out of my dx d22 2000 model with the qd32 in it. When I did so we were having some trouble removing of the rear of the engine and when It finally budged, it slipped of our straps and hit the floor. No damage occurred to the internals however two circlips that a 3/4 the shape of a circle fell out of the rear of this transmission. I tried finding the placement of these two circlips in the workshop manual but cannot. Was wondering if anyone can help me out?
Cheers

did you have the transfer box still on the gearbox?
can you post pic and what size they are.
if they are small i would suspect shift mechanism or even uni joints.

did you have the transfer box still on the gearbox?
can you post pic and what size they are.
if they are small i would suspect shift mechanism or even uni joints.
Hi tweak'e
The images of the two suspected circlips are attached aswell as the dust cover placement and output shaft and other items I thought would be important important and no, I have not separated the transfer case from the gear box, it is still one. Apologies for not sizing them against the ruler, they are about 3-4 cm in diameter.

Attachments

• 20240911_183459.jpg
    20240911_183459.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240911_183505.jpg
    20240911_183505.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240911_183522.jpg
    20240911_183522.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Oh ok, I mean it is a hight possibility that it is them because we did take the torsion bars out, do u know where abouts they go?
Oh ok, I mean it is a hight possibility that it is them because we did take the torsion bars out, do u know where abouts they go?
where the torsionbars/ adjustment bolts go into the brace that holds them there is some grooves one groove sits in brace other Groove is for circlips. They kinda just sit in space lol. One for each torsion bar. Yeah it's a bugger removing torsion to remove gearbox aye. I thank this forum for giving me that nugget of knowledge lol

where the torsionbars/ adjustment bolts go into the brace that holds them there is some grooves one groove sits in brace other Groove is for circlips. They kinda just sit in space lol. One for each torsion bar. Yeah it's a bugger removing torsion to remove gearbox aye. I thank this forum for giving me that nugget of knowledge lol
Thanks, yeah me too this forum is quite handy for the nissan I have. I will see if they are from them and thank you very much.

Latest posts

Back