Tow Hitch Winch Mount

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a Tow Hitch Winch mount?
Are they any good?
I use my truck for flat towing race cars etc and at times having a winch would be really great for dragging cars out of sand traps .
Do these really work?
detachablebigpic_790710957_thumb.jpg

I've had a rear mounted winch before but not in a hitch. I had problems with voltage drop, but with a battery located close by (no other choice with a D40) then I think in your application it would work treat.

These days I just use a 2 tonne hand winch, tends to pull the truck out backwards fairly easy if you don't go in too hard.

I was going to mount a battery in the tub so the leads wouldnt be too long .
my biggest question is how will the hitch handle like a 9500lb winch.
I figure 9500lb should be enough to pull an average V8 Supercar out of the sand traps. Once they pop up initially then the rest should be easy.

I would say no problems what so ever, towing a 3 tonne trailer would probably apply loads similar perhaps even more than the winch would.
Of course you would still want to ensure that you kept the pull angle as straight as possible.

As has been discussed on here before, the towbar is designed for a certain fatigue life, so theoretically it is capable of sustaining peak loads well in excess of the rated towing capacity, provided you are winching in or close to the line of the vehicle.

Has anyone ever used a Tow Hitch Winch mount?
Are they any good?
I use my truck for flat towing race cars etc and at times having a winch would be really great for dragging cars out of sand traps .
Do these really work?
detachablebigpic_790710957_thumb.jpg

I've got one of these exact cradles with a 9000 lb winch in it but I haven't used it yet. I only just finished my front 2" hitch receiver on the front of the NAV on Saturday and it's not wired up yet. I chose to use one on the front so I dont have the weight of the winch on the front all the time and wont need to upgrade my torsion bars. It will also allow my to hook up my caravan to the front for easy parking.

EDIT: Where you thinking of getting yours?

Last edited:
The Hitch bar doesnt mount to the bull bar. It bolts directly to the top on the 2 chassis horns that the bull bar also bolt to and the hitch just pokes through the front of the bull bar

Latest posts

Back