touch up paint?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40 abuser

Reaction score
while i was of riding yesterday some asshole or asshole's sprayed my ute with mud and stones now i have stone chips all down the passenger side just wondering if anyone has brought genuine touch up paint? is it good or do i get something aftermaket like ppg?

u might b able to go into a crash shop and ask for a little touch up bottle, take ur paint code with u. most times they will give it to u for free along with another container labelled clear with a third one labelled hardner that u need a drop of in the clear so it drys. we used to do this at my old work. and its actual paint. theyll make it up for u :)

Haven't used Nissan touch up since early 2000 when we got some free with one of the Pathy's and a Pulsar my parents owned but they were a fairly good match back then. Different paints appear different when you try to touch them up though so not every pot of touch up paint will match exactly. Black Subara paint looks a lot like black whiteboard marker from a distance come trade in time, close enough so that the dealer didn't even bother to patch it up properly when he sold it.

No doubt genuine paint is expensive these days but any decent paint shop would be able to colour match and I'd reckon it would be cheaper.

i went to autobarn yesterday and got them to make up a spraypak touch up paint to the paint code of my vehicle (QM1 Polar White). got it and it was a spot on match...the dint isnt noticeable anymore

Latest posts

Back