So THAT is what a jack-knife is... ~ Help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miittcchhzz

Reaction score
Hi Guys, im New to owning a navara and towing.

I inevitably found out what a jack knife was :(

I Cant seem to find any second hand bumpers anywhere (i guess they would be very popular.)

What can i do to fix this? does anyone think a panel beater could fix it or should i just keep looking for a new one?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20130818_190351.jpg
    20130818_190351.jpg
    81.8 KB
  • 20130818_190357.jpg
    20130818_190357.jpg
    106 KB
  • 20130818_190427.jpg
    20130818_190427.jpg
    73.2 KB
I garauntee someone will have a chrome bar laying around somewhere. I would offer you mine but i havent started the rearbar yet :).

If you like the chrome bar just remove yours and wait for one to come up if your chasing something a little more solid maybe a aftermarket tjm rb6 bar may suit you?

Welcome to the forum!

You could have a chat with niss4x4.com.au who may be able to source a rear bumper off a front-ended wreck. Not sure if Nizzbits (send him a PM on this forum) can help here but it won't hurt to try.

Another alternative - some guys have their bumpers removed to add barwork with or without tyre carriers. Find a supplier of these that does Navaras and have a chat to them about one.

Or even more alternatively, rip yours off and install a steel bar with tow hitch and dual swing-out tyre carriers!

Tow Bar

Thanks so much for all the info guys, Really Appreciated!!

So im looking around now and there was one that i saw on ebay that said "This will not fit your car if you have a towbar"

Is there a special type because i have a towbar? Or is that bloke full of Sh*t?

There's a difference between STR and DX towbars -- cause of the chrome bumper. There should be heaps of these about the place -- try anywhere that fits aftermarket rear bars.

Probably means it wont fit an RX with a towbar? or whatever for D22's
Leave it off and fit the beaver panel from ARB or TJM

There's a difference between STR and DX towbars -- cause of the chrome bumper. There should be heaps of these about the place -- try anywhere that fits aftermarket rear bars.

If there is a difference between the Dx and STR bar does that mean the DX sits a little higher? I have a towbar on my ST which sits below the chrome bumper and I can't help thinking that if the chrome bumper wasn't there then the tow bar hitch receiver could sit higher improving rear departure angle.

I'd happily swap my ST chrome bumper and tow bar for a DX tow bar if that is the case.

^ I'm not completely sure but I think you're right. The STR tow bar is longer (to get past the bumper) so it makes sense that it'd be lower too.

not sure how they're designed on the d40's but on the d22's the dx bar has the tongue in the middle of the towbar, whereas the str one is welded on underneath, if that makes sense...

I wouldn't worry mate... It's not a real Navara unless you have damaged the rear bumper... Mostly because that's how I convince myself about the situation

those rear bars are weak as. however it did save ur panels on the car, so maybe you should replace it for when you jackknife next time its cheaper than getting the car repaired. I'd say take the towbar off and fit a ARB/tjm etc bar that has one built in, then sell the old towbar.

Latest posts

Back