Rustproofing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thechad1

Reaction score
Recently brought a 2010 ST and plan on heading up the beach in a few weeks. I planned on getting rustproofing but i'm getting alot of different views on if its worth it.

Some say modern cars don't really need it, others to get it but get the electronic one, and others swear by the spray on.

What do you guys think? I plan on keeping it for a long time and doing a fair bit off beach driving.

Oh we've all got different opinions and in the end it's going to be your own choice anyway.

The electronic modules are supposed to slow down the corrosion, not stop it. Fish oil etc are sticky and will hold dirt and sand and crap and generally look crappy, but they do protect the vehicle.

Stones from the road surface can remove even the best rust proofing and cause the surface underneath to start rusting, so reapplication of whatever you choose would be the best - not often done though.

Keeping it clean is also important. Hose it down at the earliest convenience and make sure there are no corners where the mud/sand/crap has built up.

Welcome to the forum anyhow - hope you enjoy the ride!

Latest posts

Back