Roof racks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I have 2012 D40 and want a set of racks to mount my roof top tent above the cab.

What system would people recommend as appropriate given the relative light weight of tent (35kg) when folded away, the weight of tent plus two adults when folded out and the moment (twist) that the cantilever would exert as would be mounted to fold out over the side of the truck.

Looking at the typical options (rhino, Roland rack, pro rack) they all seem pretty expensive so would be interest to hear thoughts.

Cheers

Which ever brand you choose you wont be able to use a clip on style, you will need a track mounted systems.
Personally i have used Rihno track mounts on my last two D40's and they have been great.
I dont use a roof top Tent but as a metal roofer i often carry a heap of weight on them and have never had an issue.
When i picked up my latest nav the dealer had installed the clamp/clip on and they shifted around with only a few ladders on them and i couldn't weight to get rid of them and get the track units on like i had ordered.

Went with Rhino in the end and quite happy although, despite going for the whisper bars they generate quite a lot of noise when driving. Sounds like we have left a window slightly open.

Latest posts

Back