Reversing Camera

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff.stc

Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing a reversing camera. Can anyone advise on the quality/use of the ARB Reversing camera which replaces the existing rear-vision mirror?

My old man has one of those in his BT and I think it's shit. It suffers from sun blindness at the right angles, it makes the mirror look stupidly big and you can get as good for cheaper than anything with ARB on it.

I'd love to hear from someone who has another 'rear-vision mirror' type that they are happy with......

I have a gator one though it's not a rear vision mirror one, it's a separate screen on the dash. After one child ran across a car park one day when I was reversing I saw her in the screen and was able to stop, if I didn't have the camera there's a good chance I wouldn't have seen her. Worth every cent.

I have a gator one though it's not a rear vision mirror one, it's a separate screen on the dash. After one child ran across a car park one day when I was reversing I saw her in the screen and was able to stop, if I didn't have the camera there's a good chance I wouldn't have seen her. Worth every cent.

Thanks mate! Glad to hear it may have saved a life!

I recently got a wireless one that clips on the mirror, cheapy from eBay. Does the job although it suffers a little bit of interference. If you want to get a mirror type spend a little more and buy a quality one from autobarn or the like. I just wanted something with a grid to stop me hitting cars when I park and to see the kids when reversing.

Wireless ones suffer interference from several sources, one of which is wireless networking signals, if you or your neighbours have a wireless network in the house they can make it annoying to reverse in your own driveway.

Wireless ones suffer interference from several sources, one of which is wireless networking signals, if you or your neighbours have a wireless network in the house they can make it annoying to reverse in your own driveway.

The interference is mainly when the engine is running. If you turn ignition on when in reverse gear the signal is near perfect.

Sure it's not an earthing issue?

I tried a few different wireless cameras and they all seemed like they suffered in different ways but the signal is very close to the wireless networking signal frequency.

Funny you say that... Tonight coming home from work I noticed it activated for a split second and the visual didn't look like the road behind me. Something triggered the monitor on as the camera only activates when the reverse lights are on and that was not the case tonight as I was on freeway doing 100.

OOOhhh maybe you inadvertently hooked into someones webcam and you were seeing them do something naughty.....or maybe not.

My camera has both wired and wireless options...you can try both that way. My Camera was 140 on sale from repco with the screen on the dash.

I'm considering purchasing a Garmin portable GPS unit - the Dezl 560Lt. It has a 5 inch screen and also a video in connection for hooking up a reversing camera. The GPS is a bit expensive though.

For a basic unit 7 inch screen and camera good enough to see through the canopy glass both day and night you can get the bits of ebay for about $50. Having a 7 inch screen that isn't a GPS or head unit does require a bit of design to put in the right spot but there is room.

Some people go HD or high resolution but I'm running about 640x480 because I don't care what is written on the kids shirt I just want to see him before I hit him and I can get that with less than 300 resolution if I really need to. I also don't care about lines telling me how close I am, if I can't figure that out without a guide I'll give up reversing anywhere.

Got one fom jaycar, works alright, can't remember the brand. Their good for reverse parking with the poxy blind spot mirrorsand with my canopy i can't see out the back window.

My dad got one from jaycar for his Colorado it was a response brand. Pretty good unit, clip on and wireless for about $199.

Latest posts

Back