Redarc BCDC 1220 advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I recall, the isolator should be placed in the engine bay. There is a distribution frame behind the battery which should have ignition-on power source.

when I read the manual for my charger it said to place it in an area where it won't be effected by a external heat source such as a engine.
I've mounted mine in the tray near the second battery.

There is a green wire coming out of your alternator (there is a thread somewhere on here on this subject) that controls the low voltage operation.

Snip this wire, and you have a constant 13.6 -14V all the time.

I did it on my 2011 D40 STX and the aux battery in the tray is fully charged all the time now. Problem solved.

There is a green wire coming out of your alternator (there is a thread somewhere on here on this subject) that controls the low voltage operation.

Snip this wire, and you have a constant 13.6 -14V all the time.

I did it on my 2011 D40 STX and the aux battery in the tray is fully charged all the time now. Problem solved.

Can you search please?
I'm trying all combinations I can think to find it

Cheers

i spoke with my fried at redarc today, That bloke knows his stuff!!!
he confirmed for me that the 2011 STX550 was the first to receive the alternate voltage alternator, and the later i.e 11/12 model St and STX started getting them.
he told me to Use the scan gauge (if you have one) to test weather or not you have one simply by driving the car until its warm (obviously with the VLT setting on the screen) and floor it, watch the volts and if they drop to around 12.7 your in need of the BCDC 1220IGN or the 1240LV

i spoke with my fried at redarc today, That bloke knows his stuff!!!
he confirmed for me that the 2011 STX550 was the first to receive the alternate voltage alternator, and the later i.e 11/12 model St and STX started getting them.
he told me to Use the scan gauge (if you have one) to test weather or not you have one simply by driving the car until its warm (obviously with the VLT setting on the screen) and floor it, watch the volts and if they drop to around 12.7 your in need of the BCDC 1220IGN or the 1240LV

I take it that if in doubt you can use the BCDC 1220 IGN anyway? (New D22)

Thanks Mike, looking this weekend. Did you buy online? I am concerned with warranty

I did yea. eBay.
I make sure to check their sold items a. Their ratings.
As well as to pay through PayPal shouldn't have too much dramas redarc are pretty good

When I read the description on the Redarc wibsite it says the BCDC1220 operates from 9-32v, so shouldn't it still work on the new STX anyway??

I thought the same thing.
When I spoke to the rep he quoted me numbers of when each shuts off exactly.
I left them written on a wall at work and forgot but the bcdc turns off at .2 of a volt I think higher then the alternator senses and stops.... I believe.....
Don't quote me

It's safer to buy the lv then risk the chance and not be charging while under load

Well I guess I'll just have to risk it as I already have the bcdc1220 and is only a month old so not going to buy another one.

the same situation i was in when i heard about all this low voltage business...
On the plus side if you do need the LV redarc can reprogram the 1220 to suit the LV :D

Hi Guys, Just wondering, if anyone knows if the Redarc 1225 gets hot? About to mount mine behind the rear seats near the jack.. Close to the vent on the passenger side.. wondering if I should mount it to a piece of ply or straight to the cab wall with rivnuts? using the wall as a heatsink.. Any thoughts? Cheers. Bruce

Latest posts

Back