Purchasing new

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phealey

Reaction score
I'm currently in the proccess of purchasing a new car and I've narrowed it down to the Navara or the Triton.

Leaning towards the Navara D22 as they're pretty good value @ under 30k drive away at some dealers. Alternatively the comprable Triton is 37k~ but with a stronger warranty. I do have access to fleet pricing for the Triton so that might close the gap on the two.

Obviously this is a Navara forum so I don't expect a lot of support for the Triton :yeahright: but do you guys have some advice on either model. Also is it worth picking up aftermarket items through Nissan such as bull bars, hard covers etc?

My votes the '22 and get the acc's ^ with the new truck from the dealer....

if u like the mitshitbishi more:confused2:...buy it...your choice.

Krankin's right, it's your choice, it's your money, none of us have to justify the cost or vehicle. Both are capable of about the same stuff even if the Triton is ugly and both will require after market mods to make them major off road machines but at the end of the day they are both utes and will both go broom broom.

eww triton
the ugliest ute éver
go the 22 ,put new suspension in and away you gooooo

When I was looking at getting a new 4x4 ute it was between a 2000 Triton and a 1998 Navara.
Needless to say the Navara won out and I could not be happier.
Id say grab the D22 and get all the options you are after. Then haggle!
I have heard some bad reviews about the Triton Diesels but that is from a few model back.

You guys aren't bias at all, haha.

I really like the look of both, I figure they're probably much of a muchness at the end of the day. I guess the 5/10 warranty is what is keeping the Triton in the picture for me, that's a strong selling point. I guess I can always extend the Navara to 5 years though, after that it's going on the market so the extra 5 years on the Mitsu is pointless.

Not sure what terms and conditions come with the Mishitibus but Nissan extended warranty usually means factory servicing at a specific dealer and all things done the way the dealer offering the warranty wants it. Might be something worth considering before you jump for an extended warranty with Nissan.

Haha well it is a Navara forum.

Honestly though you will have to look at which will best suit your need and what you will be using the vehicle for.
The D22 has been around for many years now but has had many upgrades through out the years.
This means that there are HEAPS of aftermarket accessories for them.
A friend of mine had a petrol Triton for 6 months, he traded it in for a diesel because of the fuel economy.
The YD25 (the new D22 engine) has a fair bit in the way of power improvements and there is more than enough info here to let you research that!
Also if you get a D22 you will have this forum as support if the dealer cannot work things out.

it doesn't really matter which one you choose - start throwing on accessories, decent wheel & tyres, suspension combination and then go bush and your warranty is next to useless anyway.

I have a 2009 triton dual cab diesel auto trayback for work, I was going to buy one for my personal ride but Iam glad I didn't because I tow a 2ton van and the turbo lag is woeful without towing ,I don't know what the d22 is like, I went with the nav 550 and haven't looked back if it hadn't been the 550 it would have been the d40, overall the triton hasn't given any trouble just bad turbo lag

Jeez they put some margin on the extras, $1500 for a snorkel, $1000 for the nudge bar and $500 for the tray liner.

Some dealers doing the D22 for under 30k drive away though.

Wait till you get 3 different prices from 3 different dealers for an extra they all look up their parts book for and say "I'll do this at cost for you". When I got mine 3 different dealers gave me 3 different prices for the tow bar and the highest price was $300 dearer than the cheapest.

Yeah I'll push them on the accessories, think I might go an eBay jobby for the nudge bar though, doesn't look too hard to fit. Too much effort on the snorkel I reckon though

Pretty sure the snorkel is about $500 right? Maybe I should just go to ARB or similar.

Yeah but don't forget one has to pay a reasonable figure for those highly trained expert technicians at Nissan.

A couple of niceties on the Tritons. Our friends just bought a new GLX-R Triton, and the rear legroom puts the D22 to shame. If that is important to you, the Nissan fails badly. Also, the electronic sliding rear cab window, is so cool. Not strictly necessary, but nice, :rock:

Hoo Roo

Latest posts

Back