Power Chip d22 08 2.5LTurbo worth the $$?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad when you tow you will find you hold a taller gear than before. My van you see in the signature is 1.7tonne in the early days on a huge climb I would be in 2nd. Now the same road 4th no problem.

Yeah happy john. I am impressed with that. I have to climb a hill to get home everyday and it was a 3rd gear hill, now I can use 4th and accelerate and gain speed all the way up. The trailer was hooked up when I installed it and hasn't been off as yet. I should take it for a spin without it and see how it goes.

Cheers.

If you take the back cover off the chip module you will see a green potentiometer in there. It will be set to 12 o'clock. I turned mine up to 3 o'clock. Will give you a bit more. So if you have a bigger exhaust etc. I do recommend turning boost up with it as my EGTs were higher once I did it. Now a 19PSI and EGTs are better than ever.

Cheers Brad.

If you take the back cover off the chip module you will see a green potentiometer in there. It will be set to 12 o'clock. I turned mine up to 3 o'clock. Will give you a bit more. So if you have a bigger exhaust etc. I do recommend turning boost up with it as my EGTs were higher once I did it. Now a 19PSI and EGTs are better than ever.

Cheers Brad.
Yep my Chipit "groan" worked best at 19psi surprisingly I went from 15psi to 16 with just the Beaudesert exhaust and picked up 22 hp.

Right, I had chip and exhaust installed and dynoed at the same time. Then installed turbo tee boosted to 19. Am going to get it re dynoed soon. Not sure where they set my chip dial, I'll have a look !

I have not got a EGT gauge yet Brad, but have boosted to 19 psi with Steinbaur and 3" exhaust.
Looked at chip dial it is at 12 o'clock like you said.
So should be safe to turn to 3 o'clock ?
Have you dynoed yours Brad after you set it all ?

I have not got a EGT gauge yet Brad, but have boosted to 19 psi with Steinbaur and 3" exhaust. Looked at chip dial it is at 12 o'clock like you said. So should be safe to turn to 3 o'clock ? Have you dynoed yours Brad after you set it all ?

No I haven't yet. I would like to before I do intercooler mods so I can see the difference. Have you dynoed yours with the current settings.

No I haven't yet. I would like to before I do intercooler mods so I can see the difference. Have you dynoed yours with the current settings.
You blokes are pushing out a basic 120hp with those mods.Not tying to start a mine is bigger than yours but 159hp and 55k I think the standard cooler will cope ok.

Brad-No I haven't yet , but will soon. So I'll be cool to go too 3 o'clock with the chip dial ?

John- sorry mate run that by me again ? Are you pushing out 159hp ?

My inter cooler leaks so will limit me until I replace it, but what I have now I'm happy with, makes the car so much more drivable and usefull.
It is either these few mods to boost power or go get a land cruiser, can't afford the later 😃

You blokes are pushing out a basic 120hp with those mods.Not tying to start a mine is bigger than yours but 159hp and 55k I think the standard cooler will cope ok.

Are you running a stock cooler John. I think from what I have read you are using a Chipit Chip. Could you list your mods that you have to achieve the 159hp. That's at the wheel also isn't it. So the 120hp you said would be rear wheel also wouldn't it. My plan is to fit a water air cooler then get the chip retuned to suit. Along with a different turbo down the track and maybe water meth just for fun.

Sure Brad we freed up the arm on the turbo as it was sticky. On the 5th run correcting the air fuel ratio she lost power as the cooler had no airflow and started getting hot and lost power. The bloke that tuned mine said 3 inch despite the noise it loses torque. I have no say in that we got 152hp at the wheels 2 years ago in 32deg heat. When he did the 50k he put it on the dyno and it was 159hp, with no changes to the tune I guess it loosened up. Most of the Steinbauers he fits with a 3 inch and 19psi put out around 120hp given the safety of it that still is a good return.

Thanks John. If the engines weren't so expensive, I would buy a second hand one and just play around with it. Work on ports, custom manifolds, bigger turbo etc. just expensive if it all goes wrong and like you have said, reliability is everything. Like they say there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. :).

Hey do you guys get ant transfer case noise under load at all. At least that's what it sounds like. Gotta really load it up but does sound like rotational bearing sound ? Has always done it when chip at 12 o'clock but it maybe a little less now I've turned chip up to 3 o'clock

Yeah mate mine started doing it after I turned it up along with the boost. Happy John has said its due to there being more torque. Mine happens the worst in third gear with the trailer on. If the trailer is of it isn't as bad. Don't know if anything can be done to get rid of it.

Cheers, Brad.

Ok hope it's not doing any harm. Yeh mine is the same in 3rd towing trailer aswell. Not that worried but happy now with the usable torque

Hey do you guys get ant transfer case noise under load at all. At least that's what it sounds like. Gotta really load it up but does sound like rotational bearing sound ? Has always done it when chip at 12 o'clock but it maybe a little less now I've turned chip up to 3 o'clock

Exactly what mine does I asked Rusty to take it for a flogging and he heard the noise under heavy acceleration I hope he see this he may be able to describe the noise.
HJ

Latest posts

Back