Posting Dyno Graphs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame your not in this area.

Everyone who has experience with diesels around here heads to the mines.

They are offering alot of money from what I hear.
Cant blame a bloke for making a living :)

Indeed.

They pay the dosh, but I know one guy who makes alot but either puts it all through the pokies or drinks a fair bit of. This guy can drink.

Lol Tony good call mate :)

Why dont more people crack up about this? Ive listed enough reasons why company's should provide this info when selling a product.

Lol Tony good call mate :)

Why dont more people crack up about this? Ive listed enough reasons why company's should provide this info when selling a product.

There's been many questions/doubts/grilling put to some chip suppliers allready, you just have to go back and read the threads, your not the first to question.

On the other hand (and I'm not acusing anyone or puting shit on your product, just puting it out there),
but how easy would it be to post some charts/figures that are completly doctored.

Untill one has had the experience, good or bad, before and after dyno results from an independant dyno and compared with other fellow owners would you truly be able to asses the mod you've had done to your pride and joy.

And yes all Co's should lay it on the line and give us consumers all the info to make a choice........
but then is it all bona fide???????

:cheers!:

There needs to be a standard testing authority, not only for mods but they could even do it with new vehicles from manufacturers to provide more realistic fuel consumption figures.

The only problem with it - like with anything these days - is corruption. Holden want their new buzz-box to out-shine Ford so they slip a fiver in your hand ... you can bet it would be attempted. Even if the government runs the thing it'll happen, because government employees are paid in stale baked beans and are only too willing to pocket an extra quid to make adjustments.

At the end of the day it takes us guys to look at it, decide if we want to risk our cash, then buy it and give OUR opinion on it. That takes time, and you gotta wait for someone who wants to play guinea pig.

Well its not 'my' product.
I could sell anything I like being an independent shop.
And like I said there is a much larger profit margin in selling plug in chips, trust me. I can buy the same chips from the same company and know exactly how much they cost the other resellers in Australia.
I used to sell Steinbauer a few years back as they were about the best out there.
I could sell DP/Rapid/Tunit/Chipit etc..

I think doctoring figures are the domain of company's that dont post air fuel ratio and boost levels. As trying to doctor a figure while providing this info, would be impossible.

I believe the standard of testing is already established (has been with me for many years)
If you post Air Fuel Ratio along with Boost (and power/torque) it is much much harder to try and fudge these figures.

There ya go....no need to get uptight.

No-ones bagging you or what your selling.
If one Co doesnt post a graph then how can they doctor it.
And you cant deny that Co's put some impressive spin and bling to sell their product

Most kids these days can post up a picture of a graph with anything you want on it, I'm not talkin about doing the actual dyno run and somehow improving the figures.

Definitely not denying that most company's put a certain degree of spin to sell their products.
Or that some company's would doctor it.
I have seen a few guys come in with dyno graphs from another shop in brissie that were forged. After I showed them a standard dyno graph they could see where another graph had been cut and stuck over the top then rescanned etc..

So yes, I get what your saying.

If any 'customers' would like to setup an independant testing day I am happy to do it at Northside 4x4.
To be fair I will not run any of the products I sell. Simply power/torque runs of any customer that wants it, with and without a chip installed.

Hell, even willing to let someone film the whole lot and make a movie out of it if they like, as well as documented proof that each test was done in the exact same fashion etc...

Latest posts

Back