Oil Leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revkev91

Reaction score
I have a 2007 D40 STX 2.5 TD manual. I took the car for a run up the centeral coast and towed my 12ft tinny. today i was looking under the bonnet and noticed oil sprayed on the radiator scroud around the fan, then i noticed oil all over the chassis rail. So i started looking round and can't see any leaks the only thing i can see is the black pipe that goes into the throttle body has oil all over it and it looks like the oil has come out of the throttle body down the pipe and onto the chassis. has this happened to anyone does anyone know whats causing this. I checked my oil level and it is alittle bit over high so it must have been over filled a little bit 5000k's ago. Can anyone please help.

I recently had an oil leak I couldn't find the source of. Turned out to be a front end bearing seal. Was intermittent and difficult to trace. Wasn't an easy fix apparently, not much space between the engine and the radiator. Good as gold now tho.

i have had this on mine. its blow by from the vent at the top of the motor.. it vents back to the intake just before the turbo.. normaly small amount of oil vapour pass through here but if oil is over filled it will blow a lot more through.. its not a big issue but it can fill the intercooler with oil.. the hose clams is letting it seep out. tighten the clamp up sometimes re positioning it helps.this will stop the oil leaking out. i have fitted a catch can and remover the intercooler and cleaned out the oil , maybe consider one of these to catch the oil heaps of info on here just search.

Latest posts

Back