Navara Owners/Drivers Assn of Australia, etc.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
Question for the muster organising committee; Would it have been easier/cheaper to get the public liability insurance if the event was being run by an ongoing incorporated body?

If so, what are peoples thoughts on setting up a national association to run it in future years?

My thinking is that it is easier to kick it off at the Muster and the committee would be the crew(mostly) to organise the next muster.

Posted here as it shouldn't clutter up the muster threads.

sounds like a lot of organizing to me lol

nah, could be a good idea imo, Id even volunteer some time as well if needed

oooo, could this be the evolution of a new club? (hehehehe)

Question for the muster organising committee; Would it have been easier/cheaper to get the public liability insurance if the event was being run by an ongoing incorporated body?

If so, what are peoples thoughts on setting up a national association to run it in future years?

My thinking is that it is easier to kick it off at the Muster and the committee would be the crew(mostly) to organise the next muster.

Posted here as it shouldn't clutter up the muster threads.

Being incorporated not required - what is needed is a no claim bonus and that as we all appreciate will only come with time.

I was definitely NOT thinking another club. That is a whole lot of grief like having to be a certified chain saw operator and doing training before you go on a club trip(all 4WD clubs seem to have this).

Rather say 50 people drop in $50 as annual membership and that provides a kitty to kick off the next muster , cover ongoing expenses like website, public liability insurance etc. Best case you get a discounted ticket(and other stuff), worst case you get nothing for the year.

The work is in getting model rules from selected state and modifying them to work best for muster(members elect committee who then decide who does what). The only ongoing work is conducting a formal meeting(wham bamm thank you maam style) and any annual return you need(usually just minutes of agm and financial report(not spending income on a party)).

The reasons I saw for setting it up was if it gained cheaper insurance and to spread the financial risk.

Latest posts

Back