Navara D40 possible issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murwullambah

Reaction score
Hi. my learned people, found myself taking a lengthy run up the beach yesterday, fairly soft sand, tyre pressure 12 psi ish, now this was a lengthy non stop run as there were no other vehicles around and i didnt want to risk stopping and getting bogged. Temp seemed to stay ok and car went well but when i got to exit point and stopped raised bonnet the engine compatment was absolutely red hot, coulnt touch the bonnet stay that hot and oil had pissed out of turbo pipe and deposited itself under bonnet, bigish patch of black oil, is this normal? has anyone experienced this after a hard run, or should i be worried. Also sounded a bit tappety, drove home 150 kms and it seemed ok.:dummy:

My engine bay gets hot but I don't have the oil spraying about the place. I think the two issues COULD be separate (but the oil issue would be made worse by the heat).

If the oil is really black, check the PCV hose. This hose runs from the rear of the top of the motor (left hand side) and runs into the air intake hose just in front of the turbocharger. It's where the excess gas - and oil vapour - from your crankcase comes out. Damage to this hose could cause the problem and could cause more trouble as the turbo could suck in unfiltered air.

Check the main oil level. If it's significantly low, you might also check the oil seals around the turbo itself. A blown seal there will cause oil to go everywhere and may easily result in a destroyed turbo.

Latest posts

Back